Tagged: Wheezy Jessie
- 10. July 2016 at 12:45 #21405
If I chose the wrong forum I apologize. Feel free to move into the correct one.
I plan to upgrade my existing Max2Play-installation based on a Raspberry Pi 2 (Wheezy) to a Raspberry Pi 3 (Jessie) because next to Max2Play I use it for more applications and want to benefit from build-in bluetooth, build-in WiFi and slightly increased performance of Raspberry Pi itself.
Therefore I have some questions:
1. Is the upgrade of OS necessary or is latest version of Wheezy also capable to use Raspberry Pi 3’s build in Wifi / Bluetooth? The answer of this question leads to question nr.
2. Could I just use the current SD-card from Raspberry Pi 2 in Raspberry Pi 3? If not:
3. Is it recommended to build the system new with Jessie-based image of Max2Play from scratch or could I go the way of upgrading the distribution following RaspberryPi-Forums which seems a bit stressing.
Thank you very much in advance,
zerbes11. July 2016 at 14:26 #21413
1. The Raspberry Pi 3 runs only with the Jessie Images on our download page.
2. You can use the same SD card but need to burn the Jessie Image on it.
3. We recommend a freshly burned Image since the configuration should be quicker with the web interface.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.