Raspberry pi AirPlay and Hifiberry Dac+

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Raspberry pi AirPlay and Hifiberry Dac+

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 8. September 2015 at 23:13 #15645

Hi,
    I just installed max2play and purchased a license, to use my raspberry pi2 with Hifiberry Dac+.
    I’m also planning to use a second raspberry as secondary slim client into another room.
    I’m a little stuck with AirPlay. For what I read from the forum I cannot use squeeze lite and shairport at the same time on the same machine using Dac+ as output, so I would have to manually stop squeeze lite whenever I want to AirPlay, which is kind of annoying.
    I’m trying to understand how to setup shairtunes on squeezebox server. Will this solve my issue? I installed the plugin, but I can’t see the server as AirPlay device on my iPad. I’m I missing something?
    Would it be better to install squeezebox server on my NAS and use my 2 raspberry as simple clients?
    Thanks for your help.

10. September 2015 at 16:54 #15654

Hello gianpaolo,
    You can check if shairtunes was installed correctly by looking in the list of plugins on the Squeezebox Server’s Interface. If it is listed there with a tick, it was installed. Please make sure you removed the tick for autostart for Shairport in the Audio Player tab, otherwise Shairport will interfere with your playback and can cause problems. If you use shairtunes, all instances of Shairport need to be off. Also make sure you reboot the system after installing shairtunes or saving the option to turn off Shairport and its autostart. Then, your setup should work.

18. September 2015 at 23:18 #15739

Yes indeed!
    I read something about it but now I can’t find it anymore: can I synchronize two or more audio player while playing AirTunes via shairtunes? Thanks again,

Gianpaolo

21. September 2015 at 15:15 #15754

With iTunes, this should work. With iPhone, iPad, etc. usually not. Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here