Raspberry Pi 4 with I2C/SPI enabled LCD/OLED screen for Squeezelite

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Raspberry Pi 4 with I2C/SPI enabled LCD/OLED screen for Squeezelite

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 12. Juli 2020 at 11:40 #49282

Hello,

First of all thank you so much for the fantastic work of Max2Play! Max2play answered a simple question „play video and music“ why not if we have the hardware.

My spec:
    – Pi4 4gb latest build loads and working fine
    – HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro detected also works fine

However, for the last one week I’m trying really hard to setup a simple 16×2 LCD or OLED using I2C or SPI. I could’t find any proper instruction here.
    Tried other people instructions but no success. They use MPD/Volumio or LMS/Jivelite piCore but I really like M2P!
    * I’m happy to pay for the service if there is official plugin for this kind of LCD or OLED but find none on official max2play GUI,
    wouldn’t be a complete nice project if we have this support. I know there are so many people frustrated like me, so lets fix this
    too…

I know that you will say you have a support for Audiophonics BUT please, can we have one open for all other DACs for e.g HiFiBerry DAC.

There is LCD/OLED support for Mopidy. http://www.markwheeler.com/wordpress/?p=557
    Can we install MPD instead of default Squeezelite or MPD already running on the side of Squeezelite?

max2play is really good project for Raspberry Pi and it would be nice if we also have support for different
    character displays.
    After all I just want to see a simple visualisation (like in Jivelite) of navigation and song info using IR remote without
    looking at phone or a bulky touch display.

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks much.

14. Juli 2020 at 14:10 #49304

Hi RPI_DSD,

We do not offer any support for custom OLED solutions and are currently not planning to create plugins for this, as the demand has so far been very low. However, you can install the drivers for it manually in our Remote Control Plugin via SSH. For example, one possibility would be pydPiper by dhrone: https://github.com/dhrone/pydPiper

14. Juli 2020 at 20:30 #49314

Many thanks MarioM.

I’ve tried pydPiper but still no luck!
    Thank you for the advice though!

BW

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here