Radio Playback in LMS two players de-syncing after some time and/or Pause/Play

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Radio Playback in LMS two players de-syncing after some time and/or Pause/Play

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 15. Juni 2020 at 12:46 #49013

Hi,
    I have had the issue for half year now:

When I’m streaming Web-Radio my two Players de-sync after some time. Often when resuming paused playback.

I don’t think network is an issue, as the speaker are have a close proximity to their WiFi Access Point plus they sync very well after Stop/Play or ungroup/group.

Do you have hints on how to fix or debug the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Running LMS nightly on Max2Play current on Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB+HifiBerry AMP2 and Raspberry Pi 4B 1GB+HifiBerry AMP2 connected via 5GHz WiFi with 7 meters max to AP.

16. Juni 2020 at 14:30 #49027

Hi Alex,

If you have synchronized the players, there are various parameters in the Squeezebox Settings/Player that you can change. Maybe you can use them to improve synchronization. In order to be able to exclude with certainty that it is not due to the wifi connection, please try to connect both players to the internet via LAN. Apart from that there are also buffer settings for the radio stream under Advanced/Network.

16. Juni 2020 at 19:16 #49030

As I pointed out the the issue occurs randomly. So I can’t wire up to test it. Also if I just restart everything is in sync again.

Another point is that the de-sync is not minimal but actually couple of secs I don’t see how network latency would have an impact that big.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by alex005.
    17. Juni 2020 at 12:29 #49042

Hi Alex,

Do any messages appear in the log of the Squeezebox server when the players go out of sync? Apart from that, can you post the debug info of the two players in the audio player tab here when the problem recurs?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here