Problems with LMS Server becoming vacant over night on Raspberry Pi

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Problems with LMS Server becoming vacant over night on Raspberry Pi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 6. August 2017 at 12:01 #30451

Hello All

I have used Max2play for many years to provide me with an LMS Server (I do not use the pi as a player so nothing is connected to it except the wired ethernet and USB HD) .Except for occassional drop outs this has worked very well and just functioned in the background letting me access my music from a variety of SBT and Squeezeplay units into music systems .

However over the last few weeks every time I come to access LMS in the morning to listen to Internet Radio or Music the LMS is not connectable even though the Max2play is available. I am also not able to stop the LMS and restart even using the kill button and the only way to get any response is to either reboot Max2play (even this does not work all the time and then it is a complete unplug leave for thirty seconds and start again) After so long of this set working quietly and easily in the back ground it is very frustrating for this to happen so many times.

Does anyone know of any recent changes or any settings in either LMS or Max2play that might be causing this ? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Can I please say that my knowledge of all the workings of this is very limited so if you need further information form me would appreciate if you could let me know how to get and i will do so.

6. August 2017 at 16:27 #30454

Andrew, have you looked in the debug file for any clues?

Ronnie

also, maybe clear the browser cache, or try another browser

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Man in a van.
    7. August 2017 at 11:45 #30473

Hi bencat,

First of all sorry about the inconvenience.

Which version of Max2Play do you currently have? Please update to 2.44 if you have not yet. Also, which version of the LMS do you have installed? If it is not too much of a hassle for your, we recommend installing the new, improved version 7.9 instead of the nightly before.

8. August 2017 at 9:55 #30492

Good Morning Heiner

Thank you for getting back to me .I have always read your notes and used the 7.9 nightly version but will change over to the 7.9 version as you say. I am fully up to date on the Max2play version 2.44 .

Yesterday I did a complete new install of Max2play and Squeezebox Server and so far this seems to have sorted out any issues and it has worked fine this morning with no issues .

Will keep an eye on it over the next few days and if i still have issues will get back to you .

Andrew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here