[SOLVED] Port 9090 Shared by Squeezebox and Kodi

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) [SOLVED] Port 9090 Shared by Squeezebox and Kodi

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 24. August 2017 at 13:22 #30863

Hi guys,
    I thought I should bring to your attention the fact that both Kodi and Squeezebox Server make us of port 9090 – and if someone is running both (which I assume a lot of people are as its amazing!) they will have issues.

It took me a really long time to figure out what was causing the issues – but in case anyone else is having problems…
    – Squeezebox Server uses port 9090 for CLI
    – Kodi seems to use it for JSON-RPC API which allows external applications to control Kodi (in my case Yatse remote app on Android)

You can just change the CLI port to 9091 (Squeezebox Server>Settings>Advanced>Command Line Interface CLI) and things should work fine – but I do think it would be good to communicate this somewhere obvious to new users as I am sure a lot of users may run into this should they run Kodi & Squeezebox on the same device.

Thanks for a great project guys.

13. September 2017 at 14:11 #31303

Hi rob,

First of all, sorry about the late response and thanks for the kind words.

We do not recommend changing the CLI port as it is an important parameter for a lot of apps and software that works with the Squeezebox system.

However, we will alter our information in Kodi to include this possible issue and the path where you can change the port in Kodi, as it is secondary in our hierarchy to the Squeezebox Server. Consequently you will also have to alter the port in Yatse or other apps.

Again, thanks for pointing this out, we will forward the information to our users.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here