Plugins and scripts – Where to start

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums Max2Play Projects and Builds Plugins and scripts – Where to start

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Christoph Moderator 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 14. January 2017 at 14:38 #25916

Hi,

Quite a broad question. I love max2play and have been following developments since the days of Squeezeplug. I would love to get involved in pligins and some scrips but do not know where to start. I have done some very basic programming in the past. And I mean basic. We are talking Visual Basic and some easy C++ back in the late 90s.

So, considering me as a newbie where does everyone start out from scratch. Self taught, night college courses, lesson plans on YouTube, a combination of ?

I want Tom focus my attention max2play Debian stuff so a point in the right direction would be great. I look at some of the projects that people are implementing and think, I’d love to be able to do something like that?

I am in full time employment so I would need to learn around that too.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

16. January 2017 at 11:04 #25922

Dear nickgosling,

Thanks for your feedback. If you want to build your own plugin to support the community you can take the pluginbuilder.

https://www.max2play.com/en/portfolio/plugin-pluginbuilder-2/

Install this plugin on your Max2Play setup and you can work with this. Also you can find a short video to this Topic in below of this site.

In our developer corner you can find some more informations, e.g. a link to the github files of Max2Play.

https://www.max2play.com/en/developers-corner/

If you need some helps in programming: As you say there are different methods to learn it, but you should find the way which is the best for you.
    You can take a look on YouTube for tutorials, maybe this is a start to learn it.

Best Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here