Playlist causes LMS to hang

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Playlist causes LMS to hang

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 22. Januar 2018 at 2:11 #33579

Hi there,

I’ve just migrated from a windows installation of LMS to my first pi setup so please excuse the following rather basic questions.

Everything seems to be running OK albeit rather slowly – I currently have my mp3 files stored on a rather elderly Netgear ReadyNas Duo.

My main issue is that I have one playlist comprising 5580 tracks which when played causes LMS to hang completely.

I have changed the Database Memory Config setting to High but that hasn’t helped.

Is there anything else that I can do to solve this issue – smaller playlists seem to load OK.
    I’m struggling to understand whether this is a memory, network or configuration issue.

Thanks in advance

23. Januar 2018 at 15:42 #33610

Hi mrdo,

You can try playing the playlist’s tracks via USB storage to find out if the NAS is at fault.

You can also always check the Settings/Reboot menu to check the system load at any given time.

Further, you can try disabling Bluetooth and built-in audio if you have a sound card.

23. Januar 2018 at 23:18 #33619

thanks for the tips – i’ll give those a try and see how i get on. 🙂

24. Januar 2018 at 19:54 #33630

hi there,

as soon as i click the playlist, the cpu load goes from < 0.10 to 1.33 which leads me to believe that it’s the cpu that’s the problem.
    i’m not sure whether using usb storage would help?

i see that max2play is available for some of the ODROID devices – do you think that the extra performance would help?

thanks again

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by mrdo.
    26. Januar 2018 at 16:57 #33675

Hi mrdo,

Yes, but unfortunately we do not offer any updates or active development for these versions anymore.

Have you tried optimizing the performance of the Pi3, yet? Usually it can handle 99% of the LMS’s processes.

26. Januar 2018 at 17:21 #33682

ah, that’s good to know!

is there a guide to these optimizations? bluetooth and audio are currently disabled but i’m sure there’s more that i could do.

thanks for your help – much appreciated.

29. Januar 2018 at 16:15 #33731

No real definitive guide as there are a lot of variables depending on your system. Another easy step would be deactivating WiFi when running via ethernet which also makes the system a little faster.

You could also consider splitting up the playlist into parts but I guess this is not an elegant solution.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here