Playback issues – Player plays for 3 seconds and stops transmission –

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Playback issues – Player plays for 3 seconds and stops transmission –

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 27. Dezember 2015 at 22:50 #17488

Dear all,
    I recently installed max2play on my PI with Hifiberry Digi+. After playing an album I switched to a new one that the player started to play for 3 seconds after which sound just stopped. When I advance to next song it again starts for a couple of seconds and it stops again.
    When I enter into the logitech media center via web interface, I can see how the song time pointer is jumping back to the beginning, once more tries to play and jumps back to beginning.

I tried everything from rebooting both the PI as well as the LMS up to upgrading to m2p premium. I get to run it again but when I switch to new album it starts all over again..

What could the root cause be. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Info on system:
    Synology with LMS installed
    PI with Hifiberry Digi+
    Controlled by iPeng9 or Squeezebox

Sheela

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by .
    5. Januar 2016 at 1:16 #17579

I have the same problem, and the only way to get music to play again is to restart the Pi and rescan the library.

When I restart my Pi and then rescan the library I’m able to play music for awhile without problem, however if I stop playing music for an extended amount of time and try to play music from my library I then get the symptoms that Sheela described. *Note: Radio never stops working.

Where is your music stored? I have my music on a thumbdrive plugged directly into the Pi.

5. Januar 2016 at 13:39 #17581

Mine is stored on NAS. Think I have a network problem though with Wifi so I move over to DLan. Am really getting quite tired about this and loose too many hours that I would rather invest in something with more pleasure.

Greetings

1. Februar 2016 at 12:21 #18276

Hi sheela and funxer,

how is the audio playback on your Squeezebox Server today? Have you realized the change to DLAN?

I recommend to check if Kodi was enabled at the same time using the same audio output. Furthermore, you could restart the SBS.

Maximilian from Max2Play

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here