Play Audio CDs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 4. Februar 2016 at 22:32 #18384

Hello,

I am building a Raspberry Pi based Internet Radio/CD Player. The CD is connected via USB o the Pi. I run Jivelite as fronend.
    My question is:
    Is there a way to autorun audio CDs when inserted into the drive? Or at least to play them in SOME way?

Hints and suggestions welcome! 😉

Thanks!

30. Juni 2016 at 19:26 #20978

I can’t confirm it will play CD’s from an USB CD-Player attached to the RPi, but it does play CD’s from the Computer on which LMS is installed.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=47288
    https://code.google.com/archive/p/bpaplugins/

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by LeZandre.
    18. April 2017 at 17:05 #28328

Finally, I came back to this topic and it seems that I have found a reasonable approach:
    Slimdevices Forum

I have not posted the solution here, as the current max2play images do not (yet) support the „-C 3“ option of squeezelite but it won’t work without.

20. April 2017 at 12:12 #28379

Hi fvzeppelin,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Max2Play. We will consider to support the CDs Players in Max2Play to use it along with Jivelite and LMS.

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

20. April 2017 at 13:57 #28384

Hi Mohammad,

thank you for taking notice 🙂
    I have updated my post in the Slimdevices Forum. Now, it contains an example addon for Jivelite and an optional patch for VLC which enables to retrieve more metadata. Also, I have found a way to start VLC as a cron job using the screen command.
    Maybe, this helps for your consideration 😉

Btw: Did you subsribe to my thread on the Slimdevices Forum? I will probably update it from time to time.

Best regards,
    Frank

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by fvzeppelin.
    24. April 2017 at 11:19 #28435

Hi Frank,

You are very welcome 🙂

We have an account on Slimdevices Forum and we will check your thread.

Thank you for sharing the information.

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

1. März 2018 at 22:55 #34170

Hi guys,sorry if i open again this post,but i would know if somebody found a solution to play and rip cd from an external cd player?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here