Pi3 Wifi keeps dropping/losing Max2play

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Pi3 Wifi keeps dropping/losing Max2play

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 13. August 2016 at 14:54 #22247

Man this is frustrating! 🙁

I have a Pi3, latest build, 32GD SD Card (formatted to FAT32) and am using Wifi.

All is good and after 1/2hr or so, I loose Wifi/Max2play disappears.

After that Max2play does not boot (the image is corrupt or the card is full)

I have ensured I am expanding the files system, but do get an error doing this from Max2play, so think that may be the issue.

I have been working on this problem for more than a month, have tried multiple settings and I continue to get the same thing each time.

(I have configured several Pi2s with a Wifi dongle and NEVER had this problem)

ANY ideas suggestions would be very much appreciated

19. August 2016 at 14:29 #22345

Hello Fredly,

Which power supply did you use?

21. August 2016 at 20:57 #22384

Thanx Christoph for getting back to me, I was giving up hope.

I use a fairly good Power Supply that is available locally, it can be found here.

Micro-USB Power supply – 2000mA, 5V – UL Listed

Again, I have a lot of experience with setting these Pi’s up with Max2play, so this is VERY frustrating.

Is there a log file that would assist me in figuring this issue out? Just Curious.

Fredly in Canada

22. August 2016 at 14:43 #22405

Hello Fredly,

Please use not less than 2500mA. The wifi dongle need additional power.

22. August 2016 at 23:02 #22430

Thanx Christoph but…I’m not using a wifi dongle, but rather the internal wifi in the Pi3.

And….when I did several setups a few months back, with Wifi Dongle and a Pi2, the above Power Supply worked just fine.

So…I still need a more powerful power supply if I use the internal wifi of the Pi3?

Again, is there a debug log that I can review after the crash to see/diagnose exactly why it crashed?

Thanx so much for your help and any additional guidance you can provide me, to stop this silly thing from happening.

Fred in Canada

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here