Pi becoming non responsive

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Pi becoming non responsive

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 12. April 2022 at 21:04 #52182

Help!

Been having an issue for quite some time with the pi and max2play no longer responding to http or pings. Usually a reboot will get it back but it’s been getting worse as of late.
    I bring it downstairs and hook it up to a monitor/keyboard and suddenly all seems fine.
    Using a pi 2b with hifiberry DAC as a headless stereo on my main floor.
    I thought it may have been the wifi as it was on 2.4 ghz, got a wifi range extender that runs on 5ghz and plugged it into that via ethernet.
    Any suggestions on where to look to see where the issue may be?

Thanks!

12. April 2022 at 22:16 #52183

Unsure how this ended up in this topic, could a moderator switch it to Pi topic?

13. April 2022 at 12:31 #52186

Hi Koto,

Such a problem could have several causes. At first, however, I would have guessed its due to a weak or unstable network connection too. If your workaround with the extender does not help, I would recommend connecting the Pi directly to the router via Ethernet (just to test whether the problem then no longer occurs).
    If that doesn’t help, I could also imagine that the SD card slowly goes belly up. How long have you been using the Pi with the SD card? Do you have the possibility to burn a fresh image onto a (possibly new) SD card?

14. April 2022 at 14:55 #52187

I did a fresh install on a different SD card, still having problems.
    Looks like i’m dealing with some really weird wireless issues here. My desktop (wired) can always access my range extender and pi but other wireless devices can’t. Already updated firmware on my router and range extender.
    Gonna have to keep tryin to figure this out. issue is with my network not the pi/max2play.
    Thanks for the suggestions!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here