Pi 3 + Jivelite + Hifiberry DAC+ Pi 7" Touchscreen + Onboard WiFi

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Pi 3 + Jivelite + Hifiberry DAC+ Pi 7" Touchscreen + Onboard WiFi

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 31. Mai 2016 at 15:14 #20419

I have installed the latest Pi version m2p_rpi3_hifiberry_231 and enabled Jivelite but the system fails to boot up despite multiple re-installs, is it possible to have a known working image for this set-up?

2. Juni 2016 at 12:10 #20434

Hi howesfam,
    What error occurs when you try to start Jivelite? Have you connected the screen first to establish an output? By the system fails to boot up, do you mean the whole image is not accessible anymore after the installation of Jivelite?

3. Juni 2016 at 14:04 #20489

Have solved the booting problem but there appears to be a network problem (wireless) the boot hangs for at least 2 minutes during the pi boot sequence with the following messages „A Start job is running for LSB: Raise network interfaces“ and „Waiting for Network“ once Jivelite boots there is no wireless network connection, it connects OK via wired ethernet and I have a second pi 3 connected to the wireless network running headless connecting to speakers via bluetooth, both units have different MAC addresses mapped via the wifi/lan page

4. Juni 2016 at 12:28 #20505

I’m running the Hifiberry DAC+ not the amp so it’s powered by the 5V pi supply which is OK as no low voltage warning on screen

16. Juni 2016 at 14:38 #20703

Hi howesfam,
    Sorry for the delayed response. Please remove the MAC addresses you assigned to the Pi’s. This option is only intended for use with Odroid devices and might cause problems with Pi’s. Otherwise, you can see the activity of the WiFi in the Debug Info-Window below and the first line indicating the connection has to show „active“.

28. Juli 2016 at 0:18 #21919

Hi howesfam

I got raspi2 + touchscreen + hifiberry DAC+ and i have a lot of trouble making it works together:
    – often after boot, i got no input on touchscreen
    – other thing that often occurs, after boot i got squeezelite stopped because hifiberry module seems not to be loaded
    – when everything runs fine at startup, after a while (it depends, sometimes some hours, sometimes many days) touchscreen looses its input. In that case, after boot screen stays off
    Is your build working fine?

Thx for your answer

2. August 2016 at 13:36 #21961

Hello Tang,

It sounds like a malfunction with the used hardware.
    Please check the following: first your power supply – is it enough power for Raspberry Pi 2, Touchscreen and HiFiBerry sound card. Second – check your display with another device, so you can exclude a hardware malfunction.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Christoph.
    2. August 2016 at 14:02 #21965

I tested with 2 different power supplies: a generic 2.5A and the official raspi3 @2.5A and got same behavior with both.
    I installed the hifiberry on a raspi3 on fresh install and I got no problem
    and I installed the touchscreen on raspi3 and the input was working fine after many reboots.
    I can reproduce the problem only with combo dac+/raspi(2|3)
    Maybe 2.5A is not enough?

2. August 2016 at 16:54 #21977

Hi Tang,

this is the problem. You need more than 2.5A

Power Supply - Raspberry Pi & 7

7. August 2016 at 16:35 #22071

Hi Christoph
    I followed your advice and bought a new power supply @3.9A (not a low quality chinese from ebay, it’s from egston brand) and i got the same result…
    The little multicolor square on right top corner means my power supply doesn’t provide enough power right?
    Because I still got it with my new power supply but it disappears when everything is started and it never appears again.

8. August 2016 at 18:04 #22090

Hello Tang,

Which power connection did you use? Please try the other. And if it doesn’t work, try 2 seperat power supplies. For this are given two connections.

8. August 2016 at 23:22 #22092

The power supply is connected to raspberry pi, not the screen. Is that a problem?
    I will try to change plug tomorrow.
    Thank you for your help 😉

11. August 2016 at 23:52 #22222

I tested with the other power plug and it changes nothing.
    Another thing i’m testing is the screen rotation. I have my home made case reversed and I need to change screen angle.
    I just flash a new fresh system without configuring the screen rotation and i didn’t have the little colored corner square during boot process…
    I let the system runs. I will check if that changes something.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here