PCM2704 DAC is it compatible with max2play

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) PCM2704 DAC is it compatible with max2play

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 9. Oktober 2015 at 19:30 #16259

Greetings everyone, I used to have squeezeplug on my pi which worked ok with my external pcm2704 DAC now I have
    Put on max2play and wish to do multi room audio that’s sync‘ with two different pi’s running max2play, but on installing max2play it does not seem to recognise the external DAC. Please could anyone help me with this?

Thanks, Mark.

12. Oktober 2015 at 14:43 #16317

Under „audioplayer“ go in „Edit Advanced Options“ In Soundcard pick one from the List that sound like what you have. My have to reboot then.

I guess it’s a USB sound so could unplug it check the soundcard list and then plug it in and check the list again to see what changed.

Save it and should be good.

Or on your Pi that works see what soundcard it is set on there and pick that same one for you other.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Raymond Day.
    12. Oktober 2015 at 19:32 #16320

Hi, I tried all three different options that appeared in the list none of them work,
    The pi that worked before has already been upgraded. From memory before it looked a bit
    Like the bcm one that appears as default for the pi in the advanced menu, but with a
    Pcm2704 reference in there but I can’t remember what it used to be before with its
    Other parts, I am thinking it is still not supported as nothing like this pops up
    any more. I could post what does appear in the advanced menu if this helps?

13. Oktober 2015 at 12:48 #16335

If your other Pi works with it then copy the SD card to the other SD card and then put it in that other Pi and boot it and rename it to something like may2play-2

Can copy it with a DD command. Look it up on line if you don’t know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here