/opt/max2play/wpa_supplicant.conf overrides

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI /opt/max2play/wpa_supplicant.conf overrides

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 8. Februar 2018 at 10:38 #33908

Hello,

I have problems with the „wpa_supplicant.conf“-file in the folder „/opt/max2play“.
    I am using the version 2.45 of „max2play“ on my raspberry pi3. I have configured my wlan credentials in the file „/opt/max2play/wpa_supplicant.conf“:

crtl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
    update_config=1
    network={
                  ssid=“MYNETWORK“
                  scan_ssid=1
                  proto=RSN WPA
                  key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
                  pairwise=CCMP TKIP
                  group=CCMP TKIP
                  psk=MYSECRETKEY
    }

When I activate the checkbox „wlan interface laden“ or activate/deactivate „aktiviere wps beim booten“ the config file „/opt/max2play“wpa_supplicant.conf“ will be reset/override:

crtl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
    update_config=1

Can anybody help me or has the same problem?
    Thanks!

Stefan

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Stefan121.
    8. Februar 2018 at 13:52 #33914

Hi Stefan,

Max2Play is not intended to be configured via SSH. You can reach the WiFi/LAN menu of our web interface by entering „max2play/“ in any other device in the network. There, you can activate the “wlan interface laden”, deactivate “aktiviere wps beim booten”, scan for your network, select it, enter your password, save settings and reboot. You also have a debug info window that shows you the WiFi info from the SSH output.

8. Februar 2018 at 15:18 #33916

Hi Heiner,

thanks for your answer.
    When I type in my wlan credentials: In which file would these credentials be save? Can I find there my wlan-key in clear text or is the key encrypted via hash?

Stefan

8. Februar 2018 at 15:35 #33917

Hi Stefan,

The plugin saves the credentials in clear text in the wpa_supplicant.conf.

8. Februar 2018 at 16:51 #33919

Hi Heiner,

is there any (future) possibility to save the credentials encrypted via hash?

Stefan

9. Februar 2018 at 17:17 #33931

Hi Stefan,

Not in the near future, no. But you can start a thread in our Request forum and if enough other people request this feature, we will analyse possible solutions for feasibility.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here