[SOLVED] Only stripes on 7“ display

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI [SOLVED] Only stripes on 7“ display

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 27. Mai 2018 at 19:19 #35904

Hello everyone,

I am struggling with the 7″ display.
    At first:
    The flat cable is connected correctly at the RPI and display, I checked it more that one times.
    The max2play image contains the special branch for the 7″ display. Further, I am using a Justboom amp an own power supply.
    justboom and RPI are connected with a normal flat 40 pin cable.

After the boot sequenze, which is shown on the display, I get only vertical coloured stripes or a white screen.

Don’t finish the boot sequenze? Or which other reason exist. What is going wrong?

Thanks to the forum for help.

28. Mai 2018 at 14:52 #35921

Hi chrimoe,

Please check the settings of the RPi-Display plugin in the web interface and make sure that the 7 inch display has been correctly installed and that „LCD as Default Display“ is enabled.

28. Mai 2018 at 18:38 #35932

Hello Heiner,

thanks for your advices.

The problem is solved!

1. Juni 2018 at 19:23 #36012

Hello Heiner,
    unfortunately I have to reopen this issue.
    After comeback from holiday the same behavior es described first time: in the wurden I can see, bis Fuß boot sequenze start and run, I See several lines which are signed with „Ok“ and than only stripes or a grey screen.
    Before our vacation the system start properly.
    For me it’s mistery – what is wrong or what I am doing wrong?

4. Juni 2018 at 11:54 #36043

Hi chrimoe,

Please check the pin connection for power between the sound card and the screen. With JB Amp HAT it should be 2 and 4 on the P2 section.

Further info

4. Juni 2018 at 12:55 #36046

This problem I can solve.

But now there is a new problem:

Immediately when starting / gooting appears the temperature symbol (full red) on the touch display.

In the internet I have read, this indicates a to high voltage. Is this correct?

My technical configuration:

RPI with an own power supply (Mean Well rs-25-5) with an output 5.1 Volt (measured)

Justboom Amp Hat with an own power supply (Mean Well rs-75-25) with an output 17,6 Volt (measured)

RPI & Justboom connection: ribbon cable 2 X 20 pins

Do I have a mistake in the technical configuration?

4. Juni 2018 at 13:07 #36047

So I understand your answer correctly:
    The pin 2 (5 volts) and pin 4 (GRD) in the section P2 are to connect with the screen?

But the screen has a power supply directly from the Mean Well power switching device. Is that not correct or have I to break this power connection and the scrren get his power from the Justboom amp, as described above?

4. Juni 2018 at 13:17 #36048

Hi chrimoe,

The JB Amp power supply should be able to power all three devices. Please try following the instructions and leave out the additional power supply.

4. Juni 2018 at 14:21 #36066

Completement: The RPI and the screen have the same power supply (Meanwell rs-25-5)

4. Juni 2018 at 15:36 #36067

Hi chrimoe,

Sorry I am not familiar with this power supply. But you can try supplying from a single source to rule it out as a possible source of error.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here