No sound after upgrade

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI No sound after upgrade

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 11. Mai 2021 at 15:13 #51233

Hi, I had setup Max2Play and had it working great on a couple of raspberries. I then updated the OS (sudo apt upgrade) and sound stopped working on each raspberry after updating it. I am just using the headphone output on each device. I tried using alsamixer to check the volume and change the device but that didn’t help. What else can I look at? Is there a better way to keep each device up to date on patches?

Thanks,
    Brian

12. Mai 2021 at 11:54 #51240

Hi Brian,

If you perform apt updates manually, we cannot guarantee that Max2Play will still work properly afterwards. We therefore recommend that you only update Max2Play via the Update button in Settings/Reboot.

13. Mai 2021 at 14:05 #51242

Ok, will that Update button apply all security patches and updates to the Raspberry or does it just update Max2Play?

18. Mai 2021 at 14:09 #51264

Hi Brian,

The update will only affect Max2Play. However, we implement the latest kernel version and packages regularly in new Max2Play updates. However, these would then have to be downloaded and burned onto the SD card again.

18. Mai 2021 at 16:10 #51265

Nuts, that isn’t a very good option, I can’t apply security updates to my raspberries without either breaking the sound or writing a new image and reconfiguring everything. Annoying that sound is so difficult to troubleshoot, doesn’t seem like it should be so hard to get audio to work on the headphone jack.

Thanks

21. Mai 2021 at 16:06 #51277

Hi Brian,

In most cases, an update via „apt upgrade“ will not change anything in the sound configuration or Max2Play. However, if any problems occur after that, it is difficult for us to track and fix them. That’s why we test new updates extensively with our system before officially implementing them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here