No internet connection after booting up

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI No internet connection after booting up

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 29. September 2021 at 4:17 #51688

Hello,

Every time I bootup the device, it connects to the network but without internet connection. If I go to the ‚WiFi/LAN‘ page and reenter the network password and ‚Save all settings‘ then there is ‚Internet connection‘. The Internet remains connected until I shutdown or reboot again.

Is there a solution to this, so that I don’t have to reenter the WiFi password every time I restart or reboot? I have assigned the device an IP address on the router, but that made no difference. It is Max2Play Vers 2.47 on an RPi3 with Cirrus Logic/Wolfson card. Thanks.

Simon

30. September 2021 at 14:04 #51693

Hi Simon,

This is not normal behaviour. Please make sure that „Load WLAN Interface“ is selected when you save the settings. Please also turn off any fixed IP assignment (both at the router and in the Max2Play web interface). You are also not using the latest Max2Play version. Please update and then try again.
    Which image do you use? Are you using our Stretch or Buster image or an older one like Wheezy or Jessie?

4. Oktober 2021 at 3:00 #51699

Hello MarioM,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried what you said and turned off any fixed IP assignment, but the behaviour is the same. If I re-enter the password and save, internet connection is restored/made.

All I can tell you about the setup is that it is Max2Play Vers 2.47 on an RPi3 with Cirrus Logic/Wolfson card. Jessie and Wheezy ring a bell with me from when I downloaded the image 2+ years (?) ago. Sorry, not much into the programming side of Rpi’s. It does say on the settings page that I am using „Wolfson Cirrus Logic New (for Kernel 4.4.+)“.

When I enquired on the forum a little while ago about later versions of Max2Play, I was told that the latest versions are written for the Rpi4 and will (possibly?) break the Wolfson Cirrus card in my setup. It was suggested not to upgrade. I may have that wrong, but the response will be written in a previous thread here.

Edit: I have just remembered, my enquiry/discussion on upgrading to a later version of Max2Play was via email, not on the forum, sorry.

Thank you again,
    Simon

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by gapmedia.
    5. Oktober 2021 at 14:03 #51703

It may well be that with a newer version your Wolfson card no longer works, that’s true. However, if you have a separate SD card with which you could test a new image, it would be worth a try. I am very sure that with a fresh stretch image WLAN should work. If this is the case, you can then try to install the Wolfson card on this image.

By the way, you can find information about your image in the web interface under „Settings/Reboot“ –> Debug Info.

6. Oktober 2021 at 0:56 #51714

Hello MarioM,

Just checked:
    #### LINUX-VERSION ####
    Distributor ID: Raspbian
    Description: Raspbian G
    NU/Linux 8.0 (jessie)
    Release: 8.0
    Codename: jessie

I will try a new image and see if it works, thanks for your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here