NFS Folder empty in Squeezebox server

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) NFS Folder empty in Squeezebox server

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 24. Mai 2018 at 23:10 #35879

Hello Everybody,

System: Max2Play on Raspi Model B

Until now I was mounting my music directory (stored on a synology NAS) using CIFS.
    But since both systems are Linux, i’d like to switch to NFS instead.

With the follogin line in fstab:
    192.168.2.40:/volume1/Music/mp3 /mnt/Music nfs nolock
    I am able to mount the NFS share and I am seeing all of the content on the shell. (logged in as root).

However my Squeezebox server is seeing the mountpoint still being empty (even after restarting the system).
    Permissions on this directory are 777, so basically everybody should be able to read/write to this directory.

In the end I am a bit stuck here. Does anybody of you have a similar setup working and could give me some soft punches in the right direction?

25. Mai 2018 at 15:19 #35884

Hi GumbyMan,

Is your music folder the same as when it was mounted in CIFS? If not, please check for special rights or permissions.

Alos, if you have a Stretch image running, please add ,vers=1.0 to your Options section (user=name,password=pass,sec=ntlm,iocharset=utf8,vers=1.0)

25. Mai 2018 at 22:01 #35889

Hi Heiner,

thanks for the hint.
    Yes, the folder is exactly the same and hence also does have the same permissions. I’ve doublechecked with ls -la
    However adding the version (nfs only supports vers=2,3,4 according to https://www.systutorials.com/docs/linux/man/5-nfs/) did not make any difference.

Since it is working with CIFS, i think I’ll leave it like this.
    However if anybody knows what could be the reason just inform me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here