new customer // new install // full sd card

Max2Play Home Forums SD-Card Imaging and getting started new customer // new install // full sd card

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 25. Januar 2021 at 13:37 #50641

HI Max2Play

Following the instructions *www.max2play.com/en/mystarterpage got me up and running on the units OS and provided access via UI/homepage http://max2play/.
    I did execute the „expand file system“ via clicking the said function and rebooted the unit. I got an „all okay“ message on reboot, though I didn’t take a screenshot for documentation.

After installing  Squeezebox Server, then mounting music on usb stick, I executed the rescan of my music folder in squeeze server. From here it went south.

Current status is a warning, saying „Only 78 MB of free space left on the device! Have you already expanded the filesystem?“

Kindly help me check the validity of this warning.

My newly purchased sd card is 16GB MicroSD Card with Preinstalled Max2Play Image @ €4.99
    Debug info from the file system can be read at <this link>. I read approx usage as 1K-blocks 15.000.000 bits(?) approx 1.5 gigabyte
     Did my SD file system fail to expand?Please suggest an remedy? Further info which is just provided in good faith. Raspberry debug info can be read at <this link>.I can also provide the debug info from squeezeserver, pls request/advise.
    B.rgds

25. Januar 2021 at 17:27 #50648

Hi radiorasmus,

We apologize for the inconvenience. With our current images, it is no longer necessary to manually expand the file system. Please burn the image provided at our download page to the SD card again and then try to install the Squeezebox Server and mount the USB stick directly without expanding the file system beforehand.

25. Januar 2021 at 21:15 #50655

Hi Moderator,

Followed your instructions, all good, music is playing, (loud;).

I only have a chromebook with SD card slot. Took me a moment to sort. Your friends at Raspberry had this <link> which sorted me out. It’s hereby confirmed noobs friendly.

You may close this thread, I am sorted.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here