Network setup not working for PiZeroW with Hardwired Ethernet

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Network setup not working for PiZeroW with Hardwired Ethernet

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 26. April 2019 at 14:11 #45153

I am trying to setup a Rasbperry pi zeroW with Max2play and squeezeserver and I am struggling to get the network connections to work.

The ZeroW wlan is working, and I have a strong wifi signal but I am too far away from the router (in a Garden office) to use that
    I have also configured an Ethernet module (enc28j60) and I have a hardwired ethernet connection. I would like this to be the primary network and obtain ip address from the router.
    I would then like to use the Wifi as an access point/wifi range extender for other devices in my Office.

When I boot Max2play – I can see that the Ethernet connection begins to connect(flashing lights etc) but halfway through the process it stops.
    and once the system is up I am left with only the Local wifi interface running.

Can you advise what I need to configure to get this setup to work ( I assume I need to manually edit the interfaces file and other setup/boot files but not sure where to start.

Thanks in Advance

30. April 2019 at 11:46 #45173

Hi Mnine01,

First of all I have to say that we do recommend running the Squeezebox Server on a PiZero, let alone any other additional services with it.

The server unit should be a Pi 2B, 3B or 3B+, ideally. Depending on your library and your players, the Zero will most likely reach its limits.

Max2Play’s protocol for connection usually goes as follows:
    – check ethernet
    – check WPS
    – establish access point

If your ethernet is not recognized, it’s either not fully configured within Max2Play or cannot reach your router.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here