Need help for an early version. Please

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Need help for an early version. Please

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 9. Januar 2017 at 23:52 #25724

I installed Squeezeplug 4.0 image (I suppose it is an very early version of Max2play plugin) on Seagate Goflex Home, following Truehl/Thomas’s wiki page and another gentleman’s advice. However, I had never used the Goflex Home and soon lost the USB stick and the downloaded Squeezeplug 4.0 image with my broken laptop. The old 4.0 image (not the later versions) is the one that worked on my Goflex Home. So, for the last 5 years, my device has been collecting dust in the storage.

I know the Squeezeplug firmware has long been abandoned but I would like to try my luck here. But if anyone could kindly provide the Squeezeplug 4.0 image, it will at least let me boot the Goflex Home and put it into some use it deserves: maybe as a server or at least it may allow me to do some cleanup and use it as regular external hard drive. At this moment, I can’t do anything with the device since there is no way back to Seagate function. I know nothing about linux but thought I could make it work by following online tutorial. But when something went wrong, I have no choice but to reply on the altruistic developers.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

I couldn’t get the „link“ function to work so I am posting them below
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezePlug#Prepare_the_SD-Card_.2F_USB-Stick
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?84162-Seagate-FreeAgent-GoFlex-Home

20. Januar 2017 at 15:17 #26159

Hi,
    the former Squeezeplug developed into Max2Play! Acutally i’d rather say it evolved into a more powerful piece of software. We do not have the older versions for download on our Server. If you really don’t like to use Raspberry Pi or other supported hardware, I am sorry to tell you, that we cannot help in that case…

All the Best,
    Stefan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here