MythTV PVR Client, choppy, doesn't stream well.

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons MythTV PVR Client, choppy, doesn't stream well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 20. Januar 2017 at 5:21 #26151

I was pretty stoked to see Max2Play had Kodi built into it. I am personally using Kodi to watch live T.V.. I have Ubuntu Kodi Virtual Machine with MythTV backup which connects to 3 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Primes to tune into cable t.v.

When installing the Kodi image directly onto a Raspberry Pi 3 (with the mpeg-2 license installed and decoder enabled) the MythTV PVR client works great. It’s able to stream the mpeg-2 video fine via/from the MythTV backend server.

When I use MythTV PVR client on the Max2Play Kodi, it doesn’t stream well. It’s either really choppy, i.e. video stalls for seconds at a time while you hear audio fine, or the video just doesn’t stream at all, but you hear the audio.

I haven’t spent much time troubleshooting this, just thought i’d leave a note to indicate there seems to be an issue, specific to this Kodi install. I will probably end up using 2 separate Raspberry Pi 3’s to dedicate audio/video separately, but if anyone has any ideas on whether this can work, let me know.

24. Januar 2017 at 16:07 #26269

Hi coworker23,
    Thanks for sharing this issue. Which version of Kodi is currently running on your Max2Play device?

25. Januar 2017 at 6:48 #26287

This is on the default version. When you update to 2:16.1-3~jessie, the most recent version, and attempt to install the mythtv pvr client, I receive an error stating something like „The dependency on xbmc.gui 5.8.0 could not be satisfied.“

I see some suggestions on-line to update kodi repo, and there seems to be a local .zip I can update, but when attempting to do that it states The dependency on xbmc.gui 5.9.0 could not be satisfied.

When I install Kodi alone, I use the latest OpenElec.

16. Februar 2017 at 18:15 #26994

Hi coworker,
    You might also try updating to our newest version with the Update Kodi button (17.0-1).

16. Februar 2017 at 18:28 #26995

Ok great, I will give that a try tonight. I ended up buying 8 Odroid’s to utilize as video, but will give this a shot.

22. Februar 2017 at 18:05 #27135

The updated version of Kodi refers to the Raspberry Pi OS of Max2Play.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here