Mulitroom-setup – Operating the LMS-Server from a client with a second display?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Mulitroom-setup – Operating the LMS-Server from a client with a second display?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 16. März 2021 at 11:32 #50948

Hi,

i’m using the max2play-server(Raspi) with a 10″waveshare display in my living room. I have two clients in other rooms. Is it possible to connect a display to a client a operate the server(!) from there.

I know I can operate it with Squeezer via smartphone, but this is not what i want.

Can you help me?

best regards

Thorsten

18. März 2021 at 18:23 #50953

Hi Thorsten,

In theory, you can control the server from any computer or smartphone in the home network – even from another Raspberry Pi. With Jivelite, our desktop visualization for the Squeezebox Server, you can control every player in your home network, regardless of whether the server is running on the same device or not. Jivelite works in a similar way to the web interface of the Squeezebox Server: You first select the player you want to control and then you can set the playback for this player. So you can add a display to your second Pi without any problems and control your players with it, just like on the Pi you already have.

20. März 2021 at 0:48 #50961

Hi Mario,

thanks a lot and thank you so much for this awesome system. Go further.

Best regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here