mpd soundcard settings

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI mpd soundcard settings

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Heiner premium 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 27. October 2015 at 19:50 #16587

(I looked for this answer but couldn’t find it) I have a hifiberry amp+ with the basic max2play image on it. I have the hifiberry hooked up to my (multiroom) speakers, from which I want to play my music. In kodi I am able to select ALSA:Default in de audio settings – that works like a charm. But what should I select in mpd to have the output go to my speakers? Thanks.

-Stephan

30. October 2015 at 16:26 #16645

Hi sdspieg,
    With the HiFiBerry image, the selection of the Amp+ should have automatically set the output of the mpd to the Amp+. You can see the output option under Soundcard Settings in the mpd menu; hw:0,0 is the default setting.

30. October 2015 at 23:40 #16661

Thanks. Maybe it should have, but it didn’t. Not with the default settings. I even thought I had a defective car. But as soon as I switched to xbmc/kodi, it worked immediately. And just for myself and others – what are the other non-default’ settings that we can use?

6. November 2015 at 15:56 #16792

Please check if you have Kodi activated since it interferes with MPD and will stop it from working. Also make sure that the autostart tick is not activated since that will reactivate Kodi constantly.
    hw0;0 is the correct setting for the Amp+ since it forces the volume control onto the Amp’s system. Please also make sure you have the Amp+ activated in the Raspberry Settings.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here