Moving from Raspberry Pi 2 to Raspberry Pi 3

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Moving from Raspberry Pi 2 to Raspberry Pi 3

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 19. Oktober 2016 at 7:11 #23444

Hi,
    I have been running Max2play on an Raspberry Pi 2 and have updated it through the web interface to the latest version.
    I have just got an Raspberry Pi 3 – do I need to do a clean install or can I just plug the SD card into the new Pi?

Not sure if I will be making the most out of the faster hardware if I just swop the card…?
    Thanks

19. Oktober 2016 at 13:14 #23448

Hi Rob,
    If your original image was based on Jessie lite (you can check this in the debug info under Settings/Reboot), it should not be a problem. If its a wheezy-based image, this is not possible. However, your configurations might differ with the Pi3 and since the steps you need to take in Max2Play to set up a new image are relatively easily and quickly done, I would recommend burning a fresh image for your new Pi.

20. Oktober 2016 at 7:15 #23462

Thanks – its is a Wheezy image so will start fresh – was hoping to keep some of my LMS and Kodi settings but can set up a fresh copy fairly quickly as you say.
    Many Thanks
    Rob

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here