'mount' or use google drive as a source for music files.

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI 'mount' or use google drive as a source for music files.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 8. Juli 2018 at 0:22 #36481

Hi, I have files on a NAS in my house that I’ve mounted/connected and can used Max2Play just fine. Would also like to be able to see the files on my google drive in the music folder. I tried to use rclone with limited success (mounted the drive, but LMS can’t see the files. I also copied my google files to my raspberry and pointed at the directory, but even though the scan counted the files correctly, I can’t see them in my music folder (I can see the folder name, but it’s empty).

So starting over. How can I simply point M2P or LMS (not sure where it needs to happen) to my google drive and play the music files located there?

Thanks for any help!

11. Juli 2018 at 11:38 #36530

Hi wmupchurch,

If you are using Google Music for it as well, you can add the Google Music Plugin in LMS 😉

11. Juli 2018 at 14:52 #36533

Thank you. That’s good to know, but I need to read regular .mp3, .flac, etc. files that I have stored on Drive. My band uses it to share recordings and the files are quite large. I end up moving them to my mounted NAS drive multiple times a week. Would be much better to be able to mount or provide access to google drive. It would be a great feature in Max2PLay an I know it can be done as other programs allow you to enter some kind of key from google that grants access to the program. In the meantime, is there anyway to ‚mount‘ it?

12. Juli 2018 at 13:28 #36555

Google Music Plugin also needs a mobile device ID to work.

Using SambaShare, you could create a share that’s mounted on your NAS as well.

12. Juli 2018 at 16:14 #36558

Hi Heiner,

Thank you so much for continuing the dialog. Let’s forget google music for now. Let’s take that out of consideration. I do not need access to google music. I DO need access to files on my google drive.

What I’m suggesting is adding the ability to connect to drive in Max2Play using the google API. Something like this: https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v2/install

There is a program called rclone https://rclone.org/ that uses this or a similar method. I tried to use it to ‚mount‘ my google drive to my raspberry pi, but had some issues I’m still working out. The access part worked easily though. I just clicked a button, was redirected to google, granted permission, copied the certificate and pasted it in rclone. Immediate access to google drive.

My request is that you investigate adding similar functionality to Max2Play. Here’s how it would work. User goes to the Filesystem Mount tab and on that tab is a link to „Allow Max2Play to access Google Drive“ Once the user clicks that, they start the 2 factor authentication process, get the certificate, add the certificate to Max2Play and then Max2Play shows the mountpoint in LMS. Just like the current ability to mount things like NAS in Max2Play now. Does that make sense?

All the best,

Mike

19. Juli 2018 at 13:56 #36678

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the feedback, please also post this request in our development subforum, so other users can find it more easily and chime in if they also want this functionality added 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here