Model tm800w610l tablet works with Max2play!

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Model tm800w610l tablet works with Max2play!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 13. September 2017 at 20:43 #31313

I wanted to see if can get Max2play working on a model tm800w610l Windows 10 tablet. It just cost about $100 for it.

It only has one OTG USB port and it did come with a USB cable to plug it in the unit and then a full size USB plug on that end. But then can’t power it.

So I made sure it was charged all the way and Pressing F5 to pick the USB boot of Ubuntu 16 desktop I said try and then did a DD backup of the Windows and said Android on it too. Backed it on to one of my LAN servers.

Got this screen shot of it when it was done and touch working on it too.

Booted live Ubuntu to DD backup the Windows 10 on this tablet

Then charged the battery again. Then started to install it.

Then installed Max2play. I will post the commands later because it’s charging again now.

Had to pick the right sound card and it started to play real good in it’s built in speakers!

I even hooked up a HDMI monitor to it and it will use both displays as one big one.

What is the best way to get Kodi to install or run on it? That’s what I want to do next. It will be neat to have Javilite working on it and just walking around with it playing music from Max2play.

-Raymond Day

14. September 2017 at 5:35 #31315

To install Max2play I did this:

apt install apache2 php libapache2-mod-php php7.0-xml -y
    wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/max2play/webinterface/master/install_max2play.sh
    ls
    chmod 777 install_max2play.sh
    ls
    ./install_max2play.sh
    apt install squeezelite`

That’s from the /root/.bash_history file.

So I guess any one can do it if you have Ubuntu installed on any system maybe.

-Raymond Day

25. September 2017 at 16:49 #31536

One more command have to do so it sees the Soundcard:

ln -s /usr/bin/squeezelite /opt/squeezelite

Then can pick „Select Audio output“

-Raymond Day

28. März 2019 at 1:52 #44912

You can open this and unsolder the 3 wires to the battery. Then just solder the + and – on it can use a 5 volt USB cable with the ends cut off.

I used a flat tool from this set:

Tech Rescue Kit (46-Piece). You can see it at https://www.tekton.com/everybit-tech-rescue-kit-28301.

In the photo of it the top tool under the red pointer I used. On the sides between it and the back and put that took in and push down the back just snaps in.

I had this up for over 10 days all ready. Just power with a power 5 volt power supply.

Junk they don’t make it have OTG On The Go power. I can plug that cable in and use a none power USB hub and it powers a USB to Ethernet and keyboard and mouse. The keyboard is a lighted keyboard have on it too. Just need a good amp 5 volt power supply.

The back has a sticker over the hold at the bottom a black one with words on it. When got the back off and just push it off and I stuck it on another part of the back and ran the wires out that hole the black sticker was covering up.

Here is a good photo on there webpage of that tool

In Linux or Ubuntu it shows the battery going down over time but it don’t turn off when it goes to 0 like some cell phones do if you power them like this.

It will say up as long as you got power to it but it will think the battery goes down to 10% and looks like will not go lower then that. If with time it thinks it goes down you can not do a reboot. Have to turn off and on the power and it starts thinking the battery is 100% then. But slowly goes down but like I said it don’t turn off.

-Raymond Day

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Raymond Day.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here