Migrating from Squeezebox to Snapcast

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) Migrating from Squeezebox to Snapcast

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 23. Oktober 2017 at 23:34 #32053

Hey Everyone,
    I was thinking about the posibilities and advantages of migrating Max2Play’s Multyroom feature from the dated Squeezebox ecosystem, to the Github-Project Snapcast , as this one is still somehow suported and has a modern GUI. Aditionaly it offers better suport for all kinds of Streaming servises. Last but not least users don’t have to register on Logitechs or any other websites.
    Greatings
    Axel

24. Oktober 2017 at 14:04 #32069

Hi Axel,

Thanks for the feedback! We will look into Snapcast’s environment and specs to see whether it would indeed be a worthy successor of the fan favorite Squeezebox.

In the community, Squeezebox development is still rather active. The Spotty plugin for Spotify (+Connect) is a great example, but there are also great DIY solutions Google Music and Qobuz that are already working with Max2Play.

10. Januar 2018 at 1:14 #33333

Hi Heiner,

Snapcast looks really good to me as well. I’m currently setting up a multiroom environment with Mopidy and Snapcast and use Max2Play as a easy way to setup the RaspberryPi actually. Squeezebox feels really dated and does not really work as I hoped it would.

12. Januar 2018 at 15:43 #33376

Hi SymanK,

Could elaborate on your setup and how you utilized Max2Play?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here