max2play won't reliably boot on power

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions max2play won't reliably boot on power

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2. Juni 2018 at 8:24 #36018

Hi all

My setup is, that my NAS and my Rapsberry Pi are switched off at night. A script on my NAS calls the URL to shutdown max2play, then the NAS shuts down via job and the power from the Pi is cut via power timer. In the morning the timer supplies the Pi with power again after the NAS has booted via job.

The problem is: In this setup max2play won’t boot reliably. Sometimes max2play and it’s webinterface are just not running in the morning. All i have to do is to unplug and replug the Pi, then max2plax is running.

Any ideas what the reason might be? I already swapped the power timer. Any other ideas how I could debug? Are there any logs?

Thanks!

4. Juni 2018 at 13:47 #36050

Hi cramcram,

You can find the logs for all plugins in the debug info window. you can also check the active autostarts of your services and try removing ones you do not need to see if it solves the issue.

6. Juni 2018 at 9:35 #36096

I can’t see anything special in the logs. Everything I don’t need is deactivated (what I need NAS is mount and Squeezebox Server). Any other ideas or something I could try? The only idea that comes to my mind is to start over and resetup my card.

6. Juni 2018 at 13:14 #36097

Look at the health checker to see if there are any problematic stats.

Also, if you have another SD card, burn a copy of your setup and see if it behaves the same way to rule out the SD card as a source of error. (Is it Class 10 or higher)

6. Juni 2018 at 13:22 #36098

Health checker is fine. I’ll give another SD card a try and will report back here. Card is Class 10 or higher.

23. Juni 2018 at 14:37 #36320

Things are working again. Replaced the SD card. Must have been a bad card. Thx for Max2Play. I love it!

25. Juni 2018 at 10:47 #36346

Hi cramcram,

Thanks for the follow-up and the kind words. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here