Max2Play v.2.48 – coming soon? :)

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Max2Play v.2.48 – coming soon? :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 1. Februar 2019 at 21:12 #44317

Hello Heiner, all, just curious… it’s been about 5 months since the last release v.2.47. Judging by the last few intervals, I am guessing the next release v.2.48 may be just around the corner? 🙂

If so, what can we expect?

Thanks and best,
    jcu-muc

4. Februar 2019 at 15:48 #44334

Hi jcu-muc,

We are always working on the new version and include most updates and changes in the current beta version of Max2Play, if you already want to have a peek 😉

Topics we are currently working on are the DAC+ ADC by HiFiBerry and its input method for multiroom input from an analogue source (cd-player, record player, etc.) as well as our beta hardware control plugin for general support of rotary encoders, buttons, remotes and the like.

If you have any input for the latter, what you’d appreciate to be included or on the interface, please let us know.

1. März 2019 at 16:08 #44593

Hello i‘ m not juc-muc but it will be great if a 5″ Display would bei available. Just like the waveshare Display.

Is there a timeline for the new version available?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by jono.
    4. März 2019 at 12:37 #44632

Hi jono,

Could elaborate on this idea of a 5″ screen? Is there a generally supported and popularly used 5″ screen for Raspberry Pi?

As mentioned, you can already take advantage of most changes in our current beta. We do not publicly discuss release dates. It will be released when it’s done 😉

4. März 2019 at 13:57 #44639

Hello Heiner,
    sorry for my english :-). I think a good display is the waveshare 5″. For the version a and b are some manuel for the pcp available. I would prefer the version b so the gpio are free for a amp (for example the hifiberry mini amp :-)).

hXXps://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?109998-WaveShare-5-Zoll-Touchscreen-suche-HowTo-f%FCr-picoreplayer

I am not able to get the display running in max2play, but maybe it is possible for you.
    Do you have a reccomendation for a passiv speaker for the hifiberry mini amp?
    My dream is a small portable player like the Logitech Radio, with a 5″ waveshare Display, a hifiberry mini amp, for the remote i prefer a lirc stick (one is running on my bath radio without any problems). For the miniamp i need some Loudspeaker.
    So it would be great if you have a loudspeaker for me.

best regards

4. März 2019 at 17:53 #44646

Hi jono,

Thanks for elaborating and thanks for the link. For root rights in Max2Play, you need to do „sudo su“ as a command as user pi. This might have been an issue.

Regarding the MiniAmp, it really depends on what kind of setup you want to achieve. We collaborated with Ricardo Rapponi in publishing his MiniAmp project, the Tivoli radio alarm.

There is also this topic in the HiFiBerry forums on the subject:
    SINGLE SPEAKER RECOMMENDATION FOR MINIAMP?

5. März 2019 at 8:23 #44653

Hello Heiner, i saw the Tivoli radio project. I think the Tivoli speaker was sold out when the manual was written. The price last year was about 39 € for one speaker. Now the price for the speaker is 199 €. I think they are not longer available for this low price and so the project is too expensive (for me :-))

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by jono.
    5. März 2019 at 11:09 #44654

It’s just an example, you can glean from the power the Miniamp has which speaker would suit it. With 2x3W output you have a variety of inexpensive choices 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here