max2play not detected

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  baggins 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 15. May 2016 at 15:42 #20148

    Hi,

    I’ve built a new LMS 7.9 server, but it does not detect max2play.
    The max2play device is an RPI with HiFiBerry AMP.

    First off, I cannot access max2play in the browser with http://max2play. I have to use its IP address. In my router I can see that there it is recognized as max2play.

    I switched off the firewall to eliminate already that.

    From the machine where LMS runs on I can ping the RPI.
    In the Advanced settings I entered -s XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX with XXX…. the IP address of the RPI.
    Also, iPeng states “no player found”…

    In a previous setup with another LMS server this device used to work.
    As I have 11 other max2play devices waiting to be installed I am really keen to get this working…

    Thanks for any help, pointers, tips!

    15. May 2016 at 23:00 #20149

    Update:

    I first installed squeezelite on the LMS server and I could use that as local player.
    I have an old piCoreplayer which I substituted but that would not work either.

    I then installed squeezelite on another computer and initially that would not work also. I then started to look at the command line options and then it occurred to me that I had made a mistake with the -s parameter! The IP address should be the IP address of the server and not of the RPI…
    After I corrected that, the squeezelite on this other machine was detected by LMS. I then corrected this option in max2play and bingo!
    Now to the other 11…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here