Max2Play, Home Assistant & TTS

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Max2Play, Home Assistant & TTS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 6. September 2017 at 19:14 #31154

Anyone have this working? I can see the mp3 files from Home Assistant/TTS playing in my LMS browser but I can’t hear the files. Volume is set at max. I tried playing the files in my chrome browser and they work perfectly but no sound when I send the files straight from HASS. Thanks

12. September 2017 at 9:07 #31284

Hi Cyn,

Sorry about the late reply.

Does a random radio stream or your music play okay? If not, please check your output device selection in the advanced options of Squeezelite.

12. September 2017 at 18:39 #31293

Yes, everything plays great from MyMusic and Tidal. From all appearances you would think GoogleTTS is also working…LMS shows the text that I sent over from the raspberry Pi & I see the countdown timer working but I just don’t hear anything. I even copied the file from the pi and put it in MyMusic. I use a USB DAC (Schiit BiFrost) and I am beginning to think there’s a problem decoding the file?

Any thing you can suggest would be apprciated.
    Thanks

12. September 2017 at 22:29 #31296

Finally making progress! I changed audio output from Front, CARD=Device, DEV=0 to just default & it now works. It keeps playing in an unending loop but at least for now I hear the googleTTS message. I also had success on sysdefault, hw & plughw. Is there a guide explaining these options and which one I am suppose to be using? Not clear how to set this up for best stereo performance.
    Thanks for your help.

13. September 2017 at 10:06 #31299

Hi Cyn,

Our default setting is sydefault which is also what we would recommend for stereo performance.

26. Dezember 2019 at 18:35 #47833

Have the same problem, I think. I have HiFiBerry + on RPi2 Max2Play and – SqueezePlay player on Win10 which plays the TTS but none of the Squeezelite on Max2play installs are playing the TTS from the URL sent. I downloaded the file in LMS music folder and it plays fine on squeezelite/max2play- so is NOT as I saw on some forums a too short mp3 file or sampling rate not supported. Some are saying something about https – cannot find it right now – Any suggestions? – I did look on a lot of posts but so far no luck.

21. März 2020 at 8:46 #48200

Hi All, hoping someone can help here.

Did anyone ever get this working?

I too think i have the same issue, but am using Openhab with Google TTS.

Max2Play 1:
    PiZero with JustBoom DAC

`#### SQUEEZELITE VERSION ####
    Squeezelite Max2Play v1.0.2 based on v1.8.4-726, Copyright 2012-2015 Adrian Smith, 2015-2016 Ralph Irving.

Max2Play 2:
    Pi3B with HiFi Berry DAC

LMS
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.6 – 1521467459 @ Thu Mar 29 16:46:01 WEDT 2018
    Hostname: DESKTOP-QOPRQGN
    Server IP Address: 192.###.###.###
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Windows 10 – EN – cp1252
    Platform Architecture: 8664
    Perl Version: 5.14.1 – MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 5

Both devices work perfectly fine. It’s only when playing the googletts files from within OpenHab. Like Above, LMS displays the track as playing but no audio. When i copy the cached googleTTS file directly from „\openhab2-userdata\cache\org.openhab.voice.googletts“ onto the LMS Server it plays correctly „The Garage Door is open“.

Therefore, as above, i think it might be something to do with the connection. (HTTPS). There have been a few threads about updating the version of Squeezelite, but the version on Max2Play is custom built, so no update available.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by . Reason: Missed some details
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here