[SOLVED] max2play fails to start

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI [SOLVED] max2play fails to start

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 16. Dezember 2016 at 0:10 #24909

I tried mounting a smb share without succes and followed to tip to reset max2play to factory defaults from the settings page. The result is I can only boot the pi. max2play fails to load, no desktop, no webserver only the command line visible on hdmi screen. SSH is also possible.

What should I do to bring it back to normal without installing everything from scratch?

16. Dezember 2016 at 17:24 #24932

Hi repuik,
    Can you still access the web interface?

16. Dezember 2016 at 18:02 #24947

No only the command line and ssh

16. Dezember 2016 at 18:21 #24951

I noticed the folder /home/pi doesn’t exist anymore and /home/pi links to /writable/pi which also doesn’t exist.

I have the SD protection plugin installed. Maybe that’s the cause.

17. Dezember 2016 at 11:36 #24956

Consider it solved. Reinstalled everything from scratch.

RPi Camera fails to start now. I have seen this before. The solutions was to reinstall everything from scratch. That won’t work this time. Uninstalling and installing shows some strange no such file or directory messages:

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 17 not upgraded.
    Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    gpac-modules-base is already the newest version.
    liba52-0.7.4 is already the newest version.
    libfreenect0.2 is already the newest version.
    libgpac3 is already the newest version.
    php5-common is already the newest version.
    php5-readline is already the newest version.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 17 not upgraded.
    cp: cannot stat ‘www/*’: No such file or directory
    chmod: cannot access ‘/var/www/rpicam/raspizip.sh’: No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat ‘etc/apache2/conf.d/other-vhosts-access-log’: No such file or directory
    chmod: cannot access ‘/etc/apache2/conf.d/other-vhosts-access-log’: No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat ‘etc/sudoers.d/RPI_Cam_Web_Interface’: No such file or directory
    chmod: cannot access ‘/etc/sudoers.d/RPI_Cam_Web_Interface’: No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat ‘bin/raspimjpeg’: No such file or directory
    chmod: cannot access ‘/opt/vc/bin/raspimjpeg’: No such file or directory
    /var/www/max2play/application/plugins/rpicam/controller/../scripts/install-rpi-cam.sh: line 101: etc/raspimjpeg/raspimjpeg: No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat ‘etc/raspimjpeg/raspimjpeg’: No such file or directory
    Motion Detection set to internal camera
    sed: can't read /etc/raspimjpeg: No such file or directory
    chmod: cannot access ‘/etc/raspimjpeg’: No such file or directory
    /var/www/max2play/application/plugins/rpicam/controller/../scripts/install-rpi-cam.sh: line 121: etc/motion/motion.conf: No such file or directory
    sed: can't read etc/motion/motion.conf: No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat ‘etc/motion/motion.conf’: No such file or directory
    Reloading apache2 configuration (via systemctl): apache2.serviceWarning: Unit file of apache2.service changed on disk, 'systemctl daemon-reload' recommended.
    19. Dezember 2016 at 14:14 #24995

Hello repuik,

I have tested the camera plugin and it was possible to install it and the plugin worked as it should.

Have you already expanded the file system and updated to the latest Max2Play version (version 2.39)?

19. Dezember 2016 at 19:25 #25042

Yes fresh install. First action expand filesystem and update max2play. I see all kind of errors in the yellow frame which quickly disappear.
    Uninstalling the rpicam drivers, reboot, adding the tar source and installing again makes no difference.

Everytime I start a fresh image I run into old problems like the licencse not activating. Once I set a fixed IP that’s solved. I can’t remember when I installed the rpicam driver (before or after fixed ip)

20. Dezember 2016 at 19:35 #25089

How can I install the rpicam driver from the command prompt? Much easier to spot errors and debug.

27. Dezember 2016 at 21:30 #25277

Had some time to burn and managed to solve it. Installing RPI cam from SSH also showed problems. apt-get upgrade also showed errors with some uri’s. After I connected both wifi and ethernet the network error was solved and rpicam installed succesfully.

Why? No idea.

11. Januar 2017 at 18:00 #25794

Hello repiuk,

Sorry for the late response

I have the SD protection plugin installed. Maybe that’s the cause.

Yes this might be the problem. Please deactivate the SD-card write protection, if you want to install any plugins.

First step is to expand your filesystem, then activate your license.

Second step is to set all your settings you need and test that it works good.

Last step if your setup is working, install the sd card write protection.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here