Max2Play as chromecast target

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Max2Play as chromecast target

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 25. September 2018 at 15:56 #38025

Hi

I’ve searched all over the fora, but I couldn’t find an answer to my question.

Is there a way to use Max2Play as a chromecast (audio) target?

I know that LMS can control Chromecasts, that LMS can play google play music, but that’s not my use case.

I want to be able to cast my music from an android phone as easy as it is now with airplay from my iPhone, where the ‚audio out‘ is transmitted to max2play airplay/shairtunes wise.

Thanks!

25. September 2018 at 17:15 #38027

Hi betawax,

You need to activate the UPNP Interface plugin in the LMS settings. It will add DLNA/UPNP protocols to all your Squeeze players, allowing direct streaming from your phone with apps like AllConnect, similar to Chromecast.

18. Dezember 2022 at 12:58 #52538

Hello @Heiner,

I am bringing up this topic again, as I couldn’t find an answer that is really satisfying.

I would like to use Max2Play as a Chromecast target. So I am using my phone as the source to stream music e.g. using the Spotify app. Within the Spotify app I can select my FireTV Stick as a player but I cannot see my LMS although UPnP/DLNA and Chromecast Bridge are enabled. As far as I understand, it is possible to stream TO a Chromecast speaker (making it a Squeezebox basically) with that setup. But using the Max2Play instances – e.g. at my stereo – to RECEIVE Chromecast streams seems impossible to me at the moment.

Since Apple AirPlay is working, I am wondering what I am doing wrong here.
    I do not want to run a different app to create DLNA support, I would like to run Chromecast directly.

I am asking for this, as this will increase the acceptance of Max2Play within the family a lot. The Spotty integration in LMS is great, but it lacks some of Spotifys latest features and can be controlled only by 3rd party apps like Deezer or Orange Squeeze. This is ok, but not great. I want it to be great! Other use cases include streaming audio from YouTube or other websites.

Thanks a lot for your support,

Tim

20. Dezember 2022 at 14:21 #52545

Hi Tim,

The Chromecast Bridge Plugin is designed to use Chromacast players with the Squeezebox Server. In this way, they become Squeezelite players, so to speak. However, it is not possible to turn Max2Play into a Chromecast player in this way.
    I am also not aware of any other way to support Chromecast streams directly. As Heiner said, you can use DLNA apps to stream to the Sevrer. For Spotify, you can also use our Spotify Connect plugin or Spotty for the Squeezebox server. To use other sources such as YouTube, a connection via Bluetooth is probably the best and easiest choice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here