Max2Play 2.8" Display

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Max2Play 2.8" Display

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 7. Februar 2019 at 12:05 #44399

Hello Board 🙂
    my 2.8″ Display for the pi from max2play just arrived. I stacked the display on the pi and put it in the included case. So far so good. I looked up the Howto and the Instructable page for this particual display but could not get it to run:

When i try to start the sqeezelite service it fails to start with the error:
    „..libncurses.so.5: undefined symbol: escdelay, version ncurses_5.1.20000708…“

I tried rebuilding the package from the m2play repositories with the same result. Even the option to set squeezelite to the particular display ended with the same result.

What can I do? Thx for the help

best regards
    Gregor

• This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by herr_internet.
    10. Februar 2019 at 15:46 #44426

Hi Gregor

Have you installed the correct drivers for your display ???

18. Februar 2019 at 11:01 #44493

Hi Gregor,

You do not need to do anything in our repositories or in Squeezelite in order for your 2.8″ screen to work.

Just select it in our RPi-Display plugin, click save and reboot.

If you want to use it to control Squeezebox playback, make sure you set Jivelite to autostart.

18. Februar 2019 at 13:59 #44508

Ups sorry didn’t know that !!

18. Februar 2019 at 14:03 #44509

Hello Heiner,

That was indeed part of the problem. I installed the display on the main pi (the one with the squeezebox-server). Later I installed the RPI-Display Plugin and selected the Display-after that the display showed the linux boot-process, went to a black screen with a cursor – but it did not start any services like webserver, squeezebox-server, etc. so i did not get any chance to activate jivelite etc.

I disconnected the display now and did not try it again. Do you have any idea why it did not boot any further?

Best regards
    Gregor

18. Februar 2019 at 16:09 #44511

Hi Gregor,

You can set up everything from the web interface. Set Jivelite to autostart and install the 2.8 display selection in RPi-Display. Try burning a fresh image and doing this first, that should do the trick.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here