[SOLVED] M2P on Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and Audiosonics i-Sabre V4 => no sound

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions [SOLVED] M2P on Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and Audiosonics i-Sabre V4 => no sound

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 31. Mai 2018 at 15:13 #35998

It seems that my message disappeared, I can’t see it on the forum. If this is a duplicate message, please delete it.

I had a RPiB and HiFiBerry DAC+ working great under M2P. As usual (!) I didn’t listen to my basics (do not change if it is working…) and decided to upgrade…

I have bought a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and a Audiophonics i-sabre V4 (not a typo, it is the V4 and not the V3) and I can’t get any sound out of it 🙁 Audiophonics say that V4 is the same as the V3 with minor position changes for the contacts but it can’t be only that (or my board is half dead).

I tried my “old” HiFiBerry DAC+ on the new RPi3B+ and it is working under M2P and Volumio.
    I tried the i-sabre V4 on the RPiB+ under M2P with the Audiophonics V3 plugin and no sound. With HiFiBerry DAC driver no sound either. I tried different settings in the audio player page to no go. It is not possible to use the M2P as a DLNA renderer either. foobar2000 sees the player, starts “playing” and 1 sec later, the cursor stops. No sound ever came out of the speakers.

The power button and LED is working.

I did the tests under Volumio too with the same results : no sound. It thinks that it is playing but as usual, no music from the loudspeakers (yes, I tested the cable and my HiFi system and they are working 😉 ). Again, I played around and tried all the options (those indicated for V3) to no go.

Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

1. Juni 2018 at 9:27 #36003

Hi Rob,

What power supply are you using?

1. Juni 2018 at 9:48 #36004

Hi

The one they propose with their DIY kit, 6v 3A. I haven’y tested the power supply yet and will have a look at it this WE. Thanks for the idea, I had not thought of the power supply as a possible cause…

3. Juni 2018 at 15:20 #36036

Seems that the i-sabre V4 I had was the culprit. It went back to Audiosonics and they said that they found the fault in the card. They’ll send a new one and I hope it will work as it should.

4. Juni 2018 at 14:04 #36061

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the update 🙂

8. Juni 2018 at 20:50 #36124

Follow-up :

I received the new i-sabre v4 and everyhting is working great. The problem was a faulty card.

11. Juni 2018 at 14:12 #36155

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the follow-up 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here