[SOLVED] M2P on Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and Audiosonics i-Sabre V4 => no sound

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions [SOLVED] M2P on Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and Audiosonics i-Sabre V4 => no sound

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Heiner Moderator 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 31. Mai 2018 at 15:13 #35998

    It seems that my message disappeared, I can’t see it on the forum. If this is a duplicate message, please delete it.

    I had a RPiB and HiFiBerry DAC+ working great under M2P. As usual (!) I didn’t listen to my basics (do not change if it is working…) and decided to upgrade…

    I have bought a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and a Audiophonics i-sabre V4 (not a typo, it is the V4 and not the V3) and I can’t get any sound out of it 🙁 Audiophonics say that V4 is the same as the V3 with minor position changes for the contacts but it can’t be only that (or my board is half dead).

    I tried my “old” HiFiBerry DAC+ on the new RPi3B+ and it is working under M2P and Volumio.
    I tried the i-sabre V4 on the RPiB+ under M2P with the Audiophonics V3 plugin and no sound. With HiFiBerry DAC driver no sound either. I tried different settings in the audio player page to no go. It is not possible to use the M2P as a DLNA renderer either. foobar2000 sees the player, starts “playing” and 1 sec later, the cursor stops. No sound ever came out of the speakers.

    The power button and LED is working.

    I did the tests under Volumio too with the same results : no sound. It thinks that it is playing but as usual, no music from the loudspeakers (yes, I tested the cable and my HiFi system and they are working 😉 ). Again, I played around and tried all the options (those indicated for V3) to no go.

    Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated.

    Rob

    1. Juni 2018 at 9:27 #36003

    Hi Rob,

    What power supply are you using?

    1. Juni 2018 at 9:48 #36004

    Hi

    The one they propose with their DIY kit, 6v 3A. I haven’y tested the power supply yet and will have a look at it this WE. Thanks for the idea, I had not thought of the power supply as a possible cause…

    3. Juni 2018 at 15:20 #36036

    Seems that the i-sabre V4 I had was the culprit. It went back to Audiosonics and they said that they found the fault in the card. They’ll send a new one and I hope it will work as it should.

    4. Juni 2018 at 14:04 #36061

    Hi Robert,

    Thanks for the update 🙂

    8. Juni 2018 at 20:50 #36124

    Follow-up :

    I received the new i-sabre v4 and everyhting is working great. The problem was a faulty card.

    11. Juni 2018 at 14:12 #36155

    Hi Robert,

    Thanks for the follow-up 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here