M2P LMS+Jivelite without physical network

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) M2P LMS+Jivelite without physical network

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 29. Mai 2018 at 11:25 #35947

Hi!
    My setup is:
    rpi3b+m2p+squeezebox+jivlite+3.5″touch_lcd+usb_HDD
    I have configured it to use static IP address (have changed /etc/network/interfaces to static) and turned off wifi at all (there is no wlan in ifconfig). It works fine with ethernet (internet?).

Now if I boot up system without RJ45 connector in LAN-port of Rpi, then jivelite says: Problem Connecting (after unsucessfull process of Connecting to 1Tb*). 1Tb is the name of my Library in LMS (/media/usb0)

Question is very simple. How to run it without network? Some network loop?
    Is it possible to get some step by step instructions for configurating standalone player without external network?
    Thx!

29. Mai 2018 at 16:27 #35959

Use the Access Point Setup Plugin. There is an Instructable on the setup.

29. Mai 2018 at 16:33 #35961

Thank you Heiner. I know about AP-mode, but is it possible to avoid wlan and lan at all?

30. Mai 2018 at 12:32 #35972

you need to somehow access the max2play web interface. AP mode allows for this. in standalone, it does not do anything else except be accessible for your control device (smartphone, tablet, etc.)

using Max2Play without any second device is possible, too. You just need to config everything beforehand.

30. Mai 2018 at 14:31 #35976

There are grounds to consider that wifi (and its powering) is a source of unnecessary interference, affecting the sound quality. Well, and secondly, there is a desire to shove the rpi with LCD into the metal case along with the DAC and use it exclusively locally (as a regular CDP, you know..) but if it is needed – to have possibility of RJ45 connection. Well all I need\want is to have a hard solution without a network especially wifi. I understand that the easiest way is to configure it firstly through web-interface, but after that to set it without lan\wlan. That is why… Can you help and say what exactly should I config beforehand. I can access to rpi (terminal) directly with KB\Mouse. The main problem now for me is that jivelite (LMS) not see the player\library. I have read here ( https://www.max2play.com/en/forums/topic/configuring-jivelite-and-squeezebox-on-a-raspberry-pi-3-without-external-network/ ) that I need to add the remote library in LMS as 127.0.0.1 and to edit /etc/hosts somehow. But what exactly should be done – I don’t know for sure. Can you help with it? Thx.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by bisesik.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by bisesik.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here