Looks like can install Max2play on about any Linux with command line.

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) Looks like can install Max2play on about any Linux with command line.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 12. September 2018 at 15:58 #37816

The tablet I had this on stop working. It would not stay up for a few days any way and I had it off for a long time and could not get it to go back on.

Any way I have a old Atom Intel compute stick Intel Corporation STK1AW32SC/Cherry Trail CR, BIOS SCCHTAX5.86A.0014.2015.1119.1410 11/19/2015

On my PC I could not get optical sound to work so I order this: USB sound box I got optical working on my PC so did not need that box and plug in it the USB 2.0 of the compute stick. It has one USB 3.0 all so and I plug a USB 3.0 hub on that that has USB hard drives on it.

After I downloaded the script I edit one line this line 22:

CHANGE_HOSTNAME=“max2play“

I put a hash tag at the start of is so:

#CHANGE_HOSTNAME=“max2play“

Saved it. I did not want it to change my hostname because using it for other things too.

Added a user too of the name odroid because this compute stick is mostly like that.

Then on the command line did all this:

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/max2play/webinterface/master/install_max2play.sh
    chmod 777 install_max2play.sh
    adduser odroid
    ./install_max2play.sh
    apt install squeezelite
    ln -s /usr/bin/squeezelite /opt/squeezelite

After adduser it ask for the password. You can put any thing.

I all ready had Apache installed. But I think the install_max2play.sh script install’s it any way if you don’t have it installed.

Then I just went to it’s IP and updated it and put in my name to Activate the License.

Used my Logitech Media Server and picked it’s name and started to play music. It works.

The Ln -s symbolic link command that gets it so you can got to the tap „Audioplayer“ and then „Edit Advanced Options“ Can pick the right „Soundcard“ then I picked „front -USB Sound Device, USB Audio – Front Speakers, CARD=Device,DEV=0“ and saved and clicked the reload and it shows „Squeezelite is running with processID“.

It’s neat can install this on a lot of things easy.

-Raymond Day

• This topic was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Raymond Day.
    25. September 2018 at 13:18 #38022

They have a Intel Computer stick out too that you can buy for about $100 or less just look for it. STK1AW32SC I even have Plex server working on it good. Install Max2play on it too.

Have to make sure you have php installed for Max2play to work.

A command like this:

apt install php-pear php-fpm php-dev php-zip php-curl php-xmlrpc php-gd php-mysql php-mbstring php-xml libapache2-mod-php
    update-alternatives --set php /usr/bin/php7.2
    a2enmod php7.2
    systemctl restart apache2

Then can do what I said the post before this.

I plugged in a USB to audio and can get it to play out that.

It is something that only have this on little arm computers. The Raspberry Pi and Odroid both are ARM CPU’s. But this Intel stick has a 4 core 386 Atom type CPU in it.

Installed Ubuntu desktop on it.

Did not know that plex could run on this Atom CPU. Can turn on hardware decoding so it uses it’s GPU. Tested it with a 1080 video playing on things over my LAN and it works. The video’s are on a USB 3.0 320GB WD drive. Them drives now can find for just $20! It can hold a lot of MP4 movies.

-Raymond Day

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here