- 17. July 2017 at 17:43 #29936
I am currently working on a new feature to start Max2Play in Accesspoint mode if there is no WiFi or Ethernet cable connected. This enables users to configure the WiFi of the Raspberry PI just by smartphone (just pick the Max2Play Hotspot) without the need to connect any LAN/Ethernet-cable. This should be very usefull for the Pi Zero too.
Much like the Max2Play WPS feature (1-Button automatic WiFi setup) that some routers offer, this is not a very easy task to do, as the Accesspoint mode has to be turned ON/OFF during configuration. To make sure this is working as intended, I am looking for people who want to try the Beta of Max2Play:
– use a new Max2Play Image and Update to latest Beta
– activate the checkbox in “Accesspoint Mode on missing network connection” on WiFi/LAN Setup page and click “save settings” (this should setup everything)
– unplug any cables and start the device -> it should come up with the Accesspoint “max2Play” and default passcode “mypasscode”
– connect with your smartphone to the Accesspoint and go to WiFi / LAN settings in Max2Play Webinterface and connect to your local WiFi
Thanks in advance for your comments and ideas!
- This topic was modified 3 days, 15 hours ago by flysurfer. Reason: added switch to WiFi/LAN setup page to enable automatic Accesspoint Mode
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.