Logitech Media Server 8.1.2

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Logitech Media Server 8.1.2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 28. April 2021 at 13:37 #51162

hello,
    how to install this version of LMS: 8.1.2
    I only see 7.9 and I’ve just upgraded to the last version of Max2Play
    Regards

28. April 2021 at 14:24 #51164

Hi Pascal,

You can install the server version either manually via a terminal or by entering the .deb source in the web interface or by upgrading Max2Play to the latest beta version. Then version 8.1 should show up in the list of available versions in the max2play webinterface.

28. April 2021 at 15:54 #51166

I have tried to load the latest version of LMS but when I have put the instructions in to the SSH terminal the following message comes up and the newer version is not loaded . Please can you advise what can be done to get the latest versions of LMS to load and work .

dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory ‚/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.18‘: Directory not empty

28. April 2021 at 16:19 #51167

Hi Pascal and Bencat,

In fact, it was temporarily not possible to install the latest LMS version via the web interface when using the beta version of Max2Play. This problem should be fixed now. In the latest beta as well as in v2.53 all versions of the LMS should now be available.

29. April 2021 at 0:13 #51172

Hello Mario
    I replied several times, but none of my replies are visible ?!?
    Once again, I tried to upgrade to beta, but it was not successful

Running Check for Plugin Updates and install if available
    Update IQAudIO (https://shop.max2play.com/media/downloadable/beta/iqaudio.tar): Click here to show detailed information
    Update Raspberry Settings (https://shop.max2play.com/media/downloadable/beta/raspberrysettings.tar): Click here to show detailed information
    Update Music Player MPD (https://shop.max2play.com/media/downloadable/beta/mpd.tar): Click here to show detailed information
    Update Jivelite (https://shop.max2play.com/media/downloadable/beta/jivelite.tar): Click here to show detailed information
    Update Accesspoint Setup (https://shop.max2play.com/media/downloadable/beta/accesspoint.tar): Click here to show detailed information
    Update SD-Card Protection (https://shop.max2play.com/media/downloadable/beta/sdcardprotection.tar): Click here to show detailed information
    Max2Play update started
    Click here to show detailed information
    UPDATE NOT SUCCESSFUL

Regards
    Pascal

29. April 2021 at 11:36 #51173

Hi Pascal,

Your answers may have been automatically marked as spam by our system. Sorry for that.
    Which Max2Play version are you using? If you have a Pi 3 or Pi 4, please use either our current Stretch or Buster image. Please also check your internet connection again. Does your Pi have full access?

29. April 2021 at 13:29 #51174

Hi Mario
    it is a PI2
    Do I need to get to Stretch or Buster to upgrade M2P?
    If I, you said „use either our current Stretch or Buster image“ ; do I need to restart from scratch the installation? Which means redo the configuration…

Regards
    Pascal

30. April 2021 at 12:48 #51176

Hi Pascal,

We do not offer active support for older images like Jessie or Wheezy anymore. For the Pi 2, we recommend using our Stretch Image. This means you would have to download the image from our site and re-burn it to the SD card. Then you would have to do your configuration again. To be on the safe side, you should make a backup of your current system with our Imageburner plugin.

3. August 2021 at 18:16 #51547

Hi!

I would love to update LMS to the latest version but there is no way to easily upgrade it.

I’m using Max2Play 2.53.

The „Show available version“ button from the web interface is always empty and putting the URL pointing to the latest nightly in the „Alternate source“ text box seems to download the package but still reinstall the already installed package.

I can see the latest package in the „/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/updates“ but the installer seem to ignore it.

Thanks,

Stéphane

23. August 2021 at 13:20 #51587

Hi Stéphane,

please excuse the late reply.

please try to update to our latest beta version and click on „show available versions“ again.

1. September 2021 at 17:10 #51618

Thank you Mario,

It did fix my issue!

Best regards,

Stéphane

15. September 2021 at 12:37 #51641

Ich habe das gleiche Problem mit dem Update von MAX2Play Version 2.53 auf Beta,
    bzw. Update des Logitech Servers Version 8.0.0 auf 8.2.0.
    Das Update auf Beta-210910 funktioniert scheinbar:
    Es erscheint dann die Max2play Version: Beta210910
    Das Update des LMS auf 8.2.0 mache ich unter Putty mit dem Befehl:
    „sudu dpkg -i /var/lib/squeezeboxserver_8.2.0_arm.deb“
    Die Software liest und entpackt den logitechmediaserver (8.2.0) über (8.0.0)
    Das folgt die Meldung, dass das alte Verzeichnis:
    „usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.18“ kann nicht gelöscht werden.
    logitechmediaserver (8.2.0) wird eingerichtet.
    Danach kommt eine Abfrage, ob installiert werden soll, die ich mit Y =yes beantwortet habe.
    Die Installation ist dann scheinbar schell erledigt.
    Unter „Hilfe“ des LMS erscheint jetzt auch die Version 8.2.0.

Nur nach einem Reboot ders Raspberrys habe ich wieder die alten Versionsnummern, beim Max2play und auch beim LMS.

Was mache ich falsch? Bis lang habe ich alle Updates hinbekommen.

Gebhard

16. September 2021 at 13:10 #51648

Hallo Gebhard,

Bitte versuche das Update des Servers nochmal über unser Webinterface vorzunehmen. Du kannst dir dort alle verfügbaren Versionen des LMS anzeigen lassen und über deiner aktuellen Version installieren.

16. September 2021 at 14:36 #51651

Danke Mario für die Mail.
    Nur leider hat das auch nicht funktioniert.
    Die Installation (diese mal Ver. 8.3) läuft durch, alle 3 Sekunden gibt es einen Refresh des Webbrowsers.
    Im LMS steht danach auch richtig unter Information -> Version 8.3.
    Jedoch nach einem Neustart des Raspberrys habe ich wieder die LMS Version 8.00.
    Mir scheint es, als ob alles nur im Ram abläuft, aber nicht wirklich auf den Kartenspeicher gechrieben wird.
    Was nun?

Gebhard

16. September 2021 at 15:12 #51652

Bitte eröffne nochmal ein neuen Thread für dein Problem, da es hier nur um die Anzeige der Server Versionen gehen sollte. Beschreibe dort bitte nochmal ausführlich dein Setup (Software + Image Versionen, installierte Plugins).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here