"Login failed" when connecting with Android app to Squeezebox Server

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) "Login failed" when connecting with Android app to Squeezebox Server

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 22. Dezember 2015 at 0:12 #17457

Hello,

I have a problem with the connection of my Android Squeezebox control app with the Squeezebox Server. Whenever I want to connect my „Squeezer“ app with the Squeezebox Server, the message „Login failed“ is shown, although the server was found (correct IP). This happens also with other apps, but my Squeezebox Touch has no problems to connect to the Squeezebox Server. Also, it is possible to control the Server via web administration panel.

I have installed the following max2play plugins:
    Hifiberry
    Audioplayer
    Einstellungen/Reboot
    WLAN & LAN
    Squeezebox Server
    Dateisystem Mount
    Kodi/XBMC

Do I need an additional plugin?

Best regards
    manumusik

15. Januar 2016 at 15:58 #17908

Hi manu,
    You do not need an additional plugin, the control with an app like squeezer should always be possible if you are able to reach the webinterface. Which version of the SBS do you have installed? Did you try out the 7.9 nightly? Also, have you tried accessing the web interface from your smartphone, maybe the connectivity of the phone hinders the apps connection.

20. Februar 2016 at 14:36 #18621

Hi Heiner,

now it works: The problem was, that port 9090 is default for the command line interface (CLI). But this port is probably also used by another application (Kodi?). Now I changed the CLI port number (in Squeezebox Server Webadministration panel) and also in my Android apps.

Best regards,
    Manuel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here