Localization is inconsistent (UI shows mixture of Italian and English)

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Localization is inconsistent (UI shows mixture of Italian and English)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  markuslipp premium 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 27. May 2017 at 7:59 #29081

    My settings are Europe/Rome for the timezone and english (or english/US, makes no difference) for language. However, about 30% of the text is in Italian and the rest in English. As i cannot figure out how to upload a screenshot, here the text:

    For example, the menu reads: Hifiberry…Audio….Impostazione/Riavvio….and continues in English.

    A recent reboot got acknowledged by
    Impostazioni di base per Max2Play
    REBOOT started
    REBOOT effettuato con successo – finished

    The menu on the right side reads:
    Nome dell´utente
    Livingroom
    URL di questo Web Amministrazione / Nome Squeezelite giocatore
    Your eMail-Address / activation code

    [email address deleted]
    Activated

    And on it goes. Any help would be appreciated.

    • This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  markuslipp.
    29. May 2017 at 12:41 #29099

    Hi markus,

    Sorry about the inconvenience.

    Our Italian translation is a work in progress: http://translate.max2play.com/projects/Max2Play/

    The language of your web interface should be influenced by the language of your browser. Please check whether the language changes to English if you change your browser’s language to English. If it’s already English, please share your debug info in the Settings/Reboot menu so we can check for issues.

    29. May 2017 at 18:45 #29104

    Hi Heiner,
    Thanks much for your prompt reply. My browser and my whole laptop speak English. It is actually not a big deal as I also speak Italian, it is just weird that half the page is in Italian.
    Just fyi: I actually live in Italy so if any IP geolocalization is used, that may explain the issue. This behavior just happened when I pulled and installed a new image (and updated everything to the latest versions). (Pi2,hifiberry DAC+).
    Here some more (from page: plugins/max2play_settings/controller/Basic.php) in case that helps to localize the issue:
    ——————————–
    Riavvia / Aggiorna / Impostazioni dei file

    Riavvia Arresta Amplia fles Aggiorna Max2Play

    Force Update to latest Beta for Max2Play (Development)

    READ CAREFULLY: This function is for developers and users that want to test the latest available Max2Play before it is released. This might have some bugs and will not be supported in forums and questions by mails!
    Update2Beta Max2Play (Debug Webinterface )

    Ripristino configurazione originale Max2Play

    Resetta Max2Play – (ATTENZIONE: tutte le modifiche apportate verranno cancellate)

    Le impostazioni per la connessione wifi, autostart, nome del giocatore e le directory saranno sostituite dalle impostazioni predefinite.

    Plugin Configuration – Activate / Deactivate

    Activate Plugins by selecting and moving them to the “Active Plugins”. You may change the order of the active Plugins in the navigation bar by selecting them and move up or down. Plugins that are not active will not show up in the navigation bar!
    ———————————

    Here the Debug, seems little and not pertaining to this issue, but that is all I got (running SD card protection, if this makes a difference)

    #### FILESYSTEM ####
    Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root 3519568 1928484 1423376 58% /
    devtmpfs 242616 0 242616 0% /dev
    tmpfs 246900 0 246900 0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs 246900 29336 217564 12% /run
    tmpfs 5120 4 5116 1% /run/lock
    tmpfs 246900 0 246900 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    /dev/mmcblk0p1 61384 21912 39472 36% /boot
    tmpfs 49384 4 49380 1% /run/user/1000
    /dev/mmcblk0p3 189587 8668 166921 5% /writable

    #### LOAD AVERAGE ####
    0.32 0.07 0.02 1/169 20972

    #### KERNEL ####
    Linux Livingroom2 4.4.41+ #942 Mon Jan 9 14:52:21 GMT 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

    #### LINUX-VERSION ####
    Distributor ID: Raspbian
    Description: Raspbian GNU/Linux 8.0 (jessie)
    Release: 8.0
    Codename: jessie

    • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  markuslipp.
    7. June 2017 at 12:25 #29329

    Hi markus,

    Thanks for the follow-up. To make sure that this really could be an issue with our system, please check the language setting in your browser to see which language is the primary one. It has to be English for Max2Play to recognize your system as English.

    7. June 2017 at 20:49 #29352

    Hi Heiner,
    Raspberry is set to English, as is my macbook, and my Chrome browser (all at latest update)
    In fact the macbook was bought and configured in the US (before I moved to Italy). So it is a “truly native US English” setup, and I never switched to Italian for any software on my system. Geolocalization serves pages in Italian of course, but that’s about it.
    Let me know if you have other questions.
    Thanks
    Markus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here