Unrecognised error text (Lifelong PC user) (72 years old)

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Unrecognised error text (Lifelong PC user) (72 years old)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 10. Februar 2017 at 17:23 #26823

Feb 10, 15:28 CET
    Hi,
    I need some help as I am having a problem hearing audio with M2P, using latest update. (as well as earlier versions) Using M2P image from HiFiBerry.exe download.

On M2P WiFi/Lan page:-

Status: WiFi USB adaptor status is not active. WiFi connection status is active (IP: NO IP! No connection!)
    (Only WPA/WPA2-Encryption possible)

Then, after pasting SSID and password in manually :-

Debug: Saving WPA-Supplicant (Could not read interface wlan0 flags: No such device WEXT: Could not set interface ‚wlan0‘ UP wlan0: Failed to initialise driver interface )
    WLAN activated – please reboot device (done)
    Data saved

After the reboot, RPI3 and HiFiBerry DAC+Pro the O/S loads with following warning:-

Warn] Kernel lacks cgroups or memory controller not available – not starting cgroup.
    [I don’t understand the above comments] Hard wired Ethernet cable

I have been trying to make M2P work for a couple of weeks now. Pi works in standalone mode really well and Logitech UI works on PC but Nightly 7.9 and RPI3/M2P won’t work together. MAX2PLAY shows as a network member on PC.

I want to listen to audiophile music from RPI3/M2P and use my PC at the same time. Should be able to do that?
    regards
    Tom

Virus-free. http://www.avast.com

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by t0m.
    15. Februar 2017 at 13:35 #26933

Dear Tom,

You can just ignore the message as it is not important for the average user.If you want to get rid of this warning and enable cgroups, add the following to your kernel command line:

sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt
    add line : cgroup_enable=memory (before elevator=deadline)

Regarding the wifi, what is the wifi usb that you are using ? we recommend you to use the wifi usb from our shop, because it seems there is a problem with initialising the driver interface:

https://shop.max2play.com/en/catalogsearch/result/index/?cat=4&q=wifi

Another question, have you installed LMS application for windows in your PC ?
    from this website ?
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.9

If so, it means that you have two servers in the network, and thats not recommended, we recommend you to use just one LMS.

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

15. Februar 2017 at 16:04 #26945

Hi,

I want to listen to audiophile music from my headless Pi while viewing silent movies (no sound) from my PC display card on the monitor. (so that I can have the music from the Pi complimenting the silent movie from the PC display card on the PC monitor). Shouldn’t I be able to do that? I cannot select two outputs on the AVR at the same time.

At the moment, pressing play on PC LMS shows the player has started and the song progress bar moves but I cannot hear any sound. If I switch the AVR to select the Pi audio input, I can hear audio from Pi but cannot see the movie on PC LMS UI. I also miss the beginning of songs and have to change back to PC input on AVR to select a new song/playlist on the LMS UI. Apart from having two Keyboards and two mice, its a pain.

By the way, we seem to have two threads running on this forum at the same time?

regards

Tom

16. Februar 2017 at 14:22 #26956

Dear Tom,

Sorry, but your question is more related to AVR, and we can not provide you technical support regarding this matter. And please try to post just one thread for each problem or suggestion you have, so we can follow and provide you the help regarding your technical issues.

Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here