Latest update borked my installation

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Latest update borked my installation

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 7. Juli 2016 at 18:33 #21301

Hi,

just ran the latest update and after watching the restarting web page and spinning icon for 40 minutes it looks like it has killed my installation. Browser just shows site can’t be reached. Any suggestions on how I fix this would be welcomed although I suspect I will have to re-install onto the memory card and reconfigure all from scratch. Can somebody confirm if that is the case please? Also what was in the patch that could have caused the restart issue in the first place?

8. Juli 2016 at 14:41 #21336

Hi Gringo,
    We have not yet encountered any issues with the new update. General reasons for the issue could be a full memory card (expansion of filesystem necessary), a problematic power supply (unlikely, but has happened) or any other hardware issues. You can first try looking for the device in your router’s web interface and try reaching it with the IP in your browsers.

8. Juli 2016 at 18:02 #21390

Right, got it all working again. We had a poweroutage and it won’t reboot again so another rebuild beckons. Are Raspberry PI’s particularly susceptible to this?

15. Juli 2016 at 12:14 #21586

Hi,

Still having problems with my build rebooting. Any changes that require a reboot i.e. expanding the filesystem, cause the web interface to just sit there with the spinning wheel of inactivity displayed. If I kill the web session the Max2Play interface is no longer available and I have to rebuild the whole thing again. This is now the third or fourth time i have had to do this in the last week or two.

I have a Pi 3 and am using Jessie build 232. Is anybody else experiencing this inability to reboot or is it just me? An ideas on how to resolve this or even identify what is causing the issue? Help would be most appreciated because I am pulling my hair out here.

Gringo

15. Juli 2016 at 12:23 #21588

After 20 minutes of „rebooting“ the Max2Play interface finally through an error, although no error number, and now when I try I get the following message.

This site can’t be reached

max2play’s server DNS address could not be found.

17. Juli 2016 at 18:34 #21636

Seriously, nobody is able to make any suggestions as to why this might be happening? I had no problems like this prior to the current build being released.

18. Juli 2016 at 13:23 #21650

Hi Gringo,
    Sorry for the late response and your continuing issues! Since this specific problem is unusual for Max2Play, you might try out different hardware to isolate the source of error. I would start with a different SD card since you will find a spare most easily. You might also try the whole setup at a friend’s with a different router to rule out that possibility.

17. Juli 2017 at 17:09 #29933

hi there,

I do encounter the same issue. Change any of the setting the software is telling to reboot the device. When you do that it won’t reboot and the max2play webinterface is no longer available.

Tried different hardware and SD card’s but they al do the same.

Any suggestions?

Eddy

17. Juli 2017 at 17:28 #29935

Hi Eddy,

although a lot of settings work without a reboot, it depends on the setting you actually change that might lead to a not responding web interface.

What might cause this error: Changes on WiFi / LAN page. If you change the IP-Address (to a fixed one) or change the Name of the Device (!) on the settings page, the URL of the Webinterface changes too.
    Enabling WiFi and disconnect from LAN (Ethernet) might also be a problem, if your router needs some time to refresh its routes.

In all cases it might be helpful to look at the router and directly access the device by IP-Address.

Hope this helps,
    Stefan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here