6. Mai 2020 at 16:20 #48719
I have taken an image of the SDcard of one of my Raspis and copied it to another SD-card, which is 32Gig instead of 8GB. I need more space on the disk as i want to copy my Kodi database to the card an as it is rather huge, 8GB are not enough.
When I run the image it boots fine, but it will not allow to expand the filesystem to suit the new size.
It always claims: Expandiere Dateisystem: mmcblk0p3
Dateisystem bereits expandiert – nichts zu tun! (Basically meaning: Expanding..already done, nothing to do.)
I tried several ideas so far:
— Just click the expand button in GUI (won’t expand)
— enlarge the file-system with gparted by copying the data on sdd3 to a different location using dd (won’t boot)
— reset the configuration (won’t expand)
— download a fresh image (m2p_stretch_rpi_v249.img) which does not work at all for me. It stops booting after setting up the networking.
I am running out of ideas now. Can s.o. please advise.
Thanks in advance
System: Raspi 3B+ with HiFiBerry AMP27. Mai 2020 at 19:08 #48735
Ok, I solved it myself. Here’s how (as documentation for others):
1. I burned a fresh image on the 32GB SD-card
2. I used another raspi w/o AMP2 card to boot this image.
3. This raspi booted fine and expanded the image to use the full disk space.
4. I set up the WiFi connection using the AMP-less raspi as the other always stopped when setting up networking
5. I booted the image with the original raspi and so got it working again.
Unsure, as to why the Raspi would not boot with AMP2 attached, but as problem is solved I will not ask any questions now.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.