[SOLVED] Kodi video distorded, and cannot upgrade

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on ODROID U3/C1 [SOLVED] Kodi video distorded, and cannot upgrade

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 22. Oktober 2017 at 15:52 #32041

I have Version 2.44 on ODROID-U2/U3. System has been running fine for several years, however recently the video output from Kodi has been distorted, like shimmering or viewing the video under water with a particularly bad central block (like the middle square of a 3×3 grid)

I have no idea if this is a hardware or software problem. I have tried to update Kodi but cannot find out how to do it. I do not have a „Update Kodi to latest version button“ All I get is :
    Kodi (Video) start installation – Replaces current Version: 15.1.901-1
    Choose Kodi/XBMC-Package by http-link (package must be .deb) for Update:

but I cannot find the correct URL to enter in the box.

All other aspects of my m2p Odroid are working fine. Is it possible that an upgrade to Kodi will solve my problem, and if so how do I do it?

24. Oktober 2017 at 12:50 #32062

Hi Nojelc,

We currently do not offer new ready packages of Kodi for Odroid. But please try check another HDMI cable to rule it out as a source of error.

Furthermore, you can try starting Jivelite GUI to see whether the same error is reproducable in another software.

28. Oktober 2017 at 14:24 #32168

Just to round this off I have now tried another HDMI cable and that was the problem. Everything working fine again now.
    Thanks for the tip!

30. Oktober 2017 at 13:11 #32185

Hi Nojelc,

Thanks for the follow-up! Happy it works for you, now 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here