Kodi audio output problems with VPN connection

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Kodi audio output problems with VPN connection

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 2. April 2016 at 14:03 #19589

Yes, I know this will sound very silly, but this is what is happening.

I have Kodi 15.2, max2play 2.29, running on my U3. I have an ASUS DSL-AC68U, a VPN enabled router. I have a paid for VPN service. I have a TV connected via HDMI to my U3. I also take analogue audio output from my U3 direct to my amp.

In all respects apart from what follows my max2play/U3 setup, router, audio and VPN service all work fine.So for instance without a VPN connection I can play video content from my U3 USB attached hard drive, from another network drive, via BBC iPlayer, via other internet streaming services etc. without a problem. I can play the audio on my TV or via my amp and speakers. Everything works fine.

However when I turn on a VPN connection on my router and I stream video content from the internet, the audio falters. After a Kodi restart the audio normally starts OK, it may last a second or two, sometimes longer, but after a while the audio stops, while the video keeps going.

The same internet stream played on a Windows PC over the same VPN link works fine, so this must be a Kodi/max2play issue.

One of the reasons for getting this router and VPN server was to play geoblocked content via Kodi/U3, but this is not working for me. The router has loads of settings I can twiddle with, but I have no idea what they do or what, if anything, will make a difference.

Any ideas anyone?

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by Nojelc.
    • This topic was modified 8 years ago by Nojelc. Reason: To correct previous errors in my original posting
    6. April 2016 at 17:03 #19674

Hi Nojelc,
    Unfortunately, Kodi is not intended for use with VPN and thus can cause problems during playback. We recommend using files that are mounted via USB, saved on the SD or mounted as a network share.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here