Known issue with HDMI sound on Raspberry 2? WLAN not stable after kernel update.

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Known issue with HDMI sound on Raspberry 2? WLAN not stable after kernel update.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 18. April 2017 at 19:11 #28330

Is there a known issue with using HDMI as a sound output on Raspberry 2 with the standard kernel? If I use this as an output, nothing can be heard (using a HDMI audio extractor). I found somewhere a note that a Kernel-Update is needed. So I did (via the Web-Interface). Then it worked. However, WLAN (with an EDIMAX WLAN USB Dongle) becomes quite unstable in a way that I need to reset the network interface every 5 minutes or so. Solved the issue temporarily by streaming to a Bluetooth Box via a LogiLink Bluetooth 4.0 dongle instead of the kernel update (and using HDMI). Feels a bit unnatural as a workaround 😉
    BTW if a Kernel-Update is mandatory for Raspberry 2 to use the HDMI output, it would be quite nice to have a note in the Web-Interface.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by wartel.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by wartel.
    20. April 2017 at 10:42 #28370

Hi wartel

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding HDMI as a sound output.

Normally, using HDMI as sound output does not need kernel update, however the option for using it is already exist on the Raspberry Settings page, using this option:

Enable High-Resolution Audio on HDMI to default and if you want to Activate 192Khz sample rate and 32Bit encoding for soundoutput through HDMI.

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here