kernel updates – device does not work anymore

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI kernel updates – device does not work anymore

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 11. September 2022 at 20:09 #52401

Hi – I did a „kernel update“ via the max2py UI for a
    Raspi Hifi DAC Bundle-8gb_sdcard_bundle-raspberry-pi-3_94-raspi_powersupply_98-case_dac_digi_transparent_70-dac-pro-81-5-Jahres Max2Play Lizenz
    and it does not connect to the network anymore after reboot, i.e. it does not work anymore.
    What is the next step?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by stf1.
    13. September 2022 at 10:06 #52407

Hi stf1,

Please burn a new Max2Play image onto the SD card. You can download the latest versions of Max2Play here: https://www.max2play.com/en/max2play-image/

If you don’t really need the latest kernels, I would recommend not updating manually. We regularly release new Max2Play images with the latest kernels, which we have tested extensively beforehand. With a manual installation, we cannot guarantee that the system will still function properly afterwards.

13. September 2022 at 23:32 #52409

Thanks for the advice on the next steps. I had to re-burn and re-run the setup and it worked fine.
    I suggest writing a big disclaimer next to the button, similar to the message you gave above in the UI.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here